Full-Time Research Engineer 4.0
Research Engineer 4.0
You develop and simulate multi-physical models to optimize the design and the assembly of smart machines and vehicles.
Modelling, Simulation, Optimization, and Control for Product Design and Assembly
Manufacturers of mechatronic systems want to go bring more variety into their products (machines/vehicles), to meet the climbing demand for customization. Since components can be combined in infinite ways, the challenge remains to choose which is the optimal concept to propose to the customer, taking into account the product quality as well as the assembly process. Computer support combined with the deep knowledge of the designer on the product and assembly will be crucial in the search for the optimal concept. That is why we will develop and apply intelligent model-based development methods in the design phase of a mechatronic system.
For new industry innovations, you will:
- work on modelling, simulation, optimization and control for the product design as well as the assembly processes;
- work on industry applications of smart machines and/or vehicles in close collaboration with experts from our industrial partners (product development, product designers). You gain deep knowledge about their product and production process, essential for modelling the use cases;
- work together in a research team which combines expertise in control, machine dynamics modelling, and signal processing;
- play a key role in choosing the conceptual design solution and optimizing the design parameters in function of the optimal product performance and assemblability;
- check the theoretical results in real-life conditions;
- have regular contacts with experts from knowledge centres in Belgium and abroad;
- trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities.
Understand machines, vehicles and assembly processes
- A Master or Phd in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electronical, Electrical, Automation);
- At least 8 years of experience, preferably in an industrial setting for example in process engineering, method engineering, dataflow or logistics;
- A track record in the field of optimization and modelling;
- A keen interest to apply theoretical concepts on practical case problems;
- Experience with modeling software (Simscape, Amesim, Matlab, Simulink) and optimization toolboxes (Matlab, Cplex).
- Passionate about research and industry innovations;
- A good communicator;
- Team player;
- Result oriented, responsible, self directing;
- Eager to learn.
Impact directly on top-technology, for smart and autonomous machines and vehicles
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in the network of top industry and universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and at site Leuven (flexible workplace policy). For this position most assignments will be situated in Flanders Make, site Lommel.
Working at Flanders Make:
This movie shows what you can expect from an industry driven research project at Flanders Make.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. It combines the strengths of a team of application and system experts with the technological expertise of a range university labs that are an integral part of the Flanders Make network. The mission of the centre is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry by performing industry-driven, pre-competitive, excellent research in the technological domains of mechatronics, product development methods and advanced manufacturing technologies.
This research will result in applications for machines, vehicles, vehicle components and high-tech production systems at the participating companies.
Take a look at our research and our projects at Flanders Make.
How to Apply
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cvDo you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular. To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com.
664 total views, 1 today