Full-Time Research Assistant or Junior Consultant
Research Assistant or Junior Consultant
Who we are:
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in Brussels, the UK, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Research Assistant or Junior Consultant with an interest and/or experience in economic research, analysis and public policy to join our team focused on a range of services in the development, analysis and evaluation of economic and environmental policies.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects for the UK Government, the European Commission and a variety of European agencies. You will contribute to qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded economists, lawyers, policy analysts and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to help solve complex problems for our clients. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Undertake economic and policy research and analysis to support a wide range of reports, proposals and other deliverables;
- Analyse quantitative data to help develop and evaluate policies/programmes;
- Create written documents that convey key analytic findings for internal and/or external use;
- Prepare high-quality presentations for senior employees and clients.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about the work they do and has experience in undertaking policy research and analysis. You will be self-motivated, independent and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in economics or another social science;
- Experience of contributing to economics and policy-related research;
- Strong quantitative data collection and analysis skills;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English (additional European languages would be beneficial);
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Around 1-2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Survey research (familiarity with online survey design) and, potentially, experimental and quasi-experimental research;
- Experience in the use of descriptive and inferential statistics (including regression analysis) and familiarity with working with large datasets;
- Qualitative research skills (interviews, focus groups, literature reviews, use of Nvivo for qualitative analysis);
- Experience in SPSS and/or Stata.
The closing date for this position is: 24th March 2017.
Interviews will be held w/c: 3rd April 2017.
How to Applyhttps://icfi.taleo.net/careersection/icf_prof_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700000913
442 total views, 3 today