Full-Time Research Analysts
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and serves as a bank for central banks. The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Research Analyst positions at our head office in Basel, and are looking for Masters graduates in economics, statistics, finance or related subjects with at least one year of job experience to work in the following areas:
Statistical Data Support
In this role, you will work with a broad range of unique financial data, supporting experts from central banks and regulatory authorities. You will apply your technical expertise to provide high quality statistical support to the secretariats of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS):
- You will conduct statistical data compilation of various Quantitative Impact Studies (QIS), a core subject in global regulatory frameworks. Your responsibilities will include design, implementation and maintenance of data quality checks and business analyses in close cooperation with topic specialists;
- You will use your analytical skills to contribute to QIS analysis by creating and maintaining key statistical reports and assist in developing and applying the underlying methodologies. Additionally, you will provide ad hoc support for statistical requests and contribute to the testing of new business applications;
- You have a passion for working with numerical data and a solid knowledge of statistical concepts. You possess a high level of technical expertise and can program using Matlab, VBA or similar.
In this role you will provide the Bank’s economists with comprehensive support for their research. You will collect, process and conduct statistical and econometric analysis of data from a range of sources including central banks, supervisory authorities and international organisations:
- You will use data to create graphs and tables for use in publications and at key meetings to discuss global financial topics;
- You will maintain statistical databases for internal and external use, and provide solutions to issues related to large datasets and firm-level data. Additionally, you will conduct data quality control to ensure the highest standards of data provided;
- You will keep abreast of methodologies and technical developments, and participate in the testing and implementation of new statistical applications;
- You are a skilled user of econometric software packages such as Eviews, STATA or Matlab, and have experience with statistical concepts applied in the areas of finance and/or economics. You are experienced in retrieving data from Bloomberg and Datastream. Experience using statistical databases such as SNL, Fitch or S&P Capital IQ would be an advantage. You have strong analytical skills, are a fast learner and enjoy the challenge of working across a range of topic areas.
Do you have the skills we are looking for and a strong academic track record? Are you interested in working in an international financial institution at the heart of the central banking community and contributing to an important global mission? We look forward to receiving your application, including your CV and letter of motivation, indicating your preferred area of interest.
To find out more about this opportunity and to submit your CV (in English), please visit www.bis.org/careers.
Deadline for applications is 06/11/2016.
Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.
How to Applyhttps://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BIS&cws=1&rid=419
291 total views, 1 today