Full-Time Research Analyst
The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Analyst position at our head office in Basel, and are looking for Masters graduates in economics, statistics, finance or related subjects with at least one year of job experience to work in the following area: Research Support.
In this role you will provide the Bank’s economists with comprehensive support for their research.
- You will collect, process and conduct statistical and econometric analysis of data from a range of sources including central banks, supervisory authorities and international organisations;
- You will use data to create graphs and tables for use in publications and at key meetings to discuss global monetary policy and financial topics;
- You will maintain statistical databases for internal and external use, and you will conduct data quality control to ensure the highest standards of data provided;
- You will keep abreast of methodologies and technical developments, and participate in the testing and implementation of new statistical applications;
- You are a skilled user of econometric software packages such as Eviews, STATA or Matlab, and have experience with statistical concepts applied in the areas of economics;
- You are experienced in retrieving data from Bloomberg and Datastream;
- You have strong analytical skills, are a fast learner and enjoy the challenge of working across a range of topic areas.
Are you interested in working in an international financial institution at the heart of the central banking community and contributing to an important global mission?
We look forward to receiving your application, including your CV and letter of motivation.
The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline: 17/04/2017.
How to Applyhttps://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BIS&cws=1&rid=471
509 total views, 3 today