Full-Time Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Contract type: CDI
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is a membership-based organisation dedicated to promoting free trade and global sustainable supply chains. We represent over 1800 companies and 13 associations from across industries worldwide, with a strong focus on retail. The FTA advocates for economically viable and ethical free trade. Our member companies operate in advanced and emerging markets around the globe. We are driven by supporting their daily operations.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), a leading supply chain management system that supports companies to drive social compliance and improvements in factories and farms in their global supply chain. BSCI implements the principle international labour standards protecting workers’ rights such as, among others, International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions and the United Nations (UN) Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI), a program that enables companies to manage and improve the environmental performance of their global supply chain through a supported and tailored management system approach.
To strengthen our International Trade Policy team, we are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Advisor.
His/her primary responsibilities will be to keep FTA members informed on important developments in the field of product-related regulation, to participate in policy discussions about trade and consumer and environment protection, to represent the association’s interests in the EU policy-making process, and to offer members expert advice on EU domestic regulations affecting international trade issues.
The Advisor will report to the Head of International Trade Policy.
The position’s areas of competence encompass:
- Chemicals policy of the EU;
- Consumer protection;
- EU environment standards;
- Food safety;
- Regulatory developments in third countries.
- Develop and implmenent advocacy strategies;
- Express FTA’s position vis-à-vis relevant policy-makers and stakeholders;
- First contact point for members on product-related issues;
- Run the FTA Working Group Regulatory Affairs.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree;
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of EU regulatory affairs;
- Excellent knowledge of English, other languages are a plus;
- Diplomatic, cordial, articulate and assertive;
- Able to build strong connections with a wide range of members and stakeholders;
- Highly developed writing, presentation and analytical skills;
- Flexible, dynamic and open personality;
- Ability to adapt in a multi-cultural team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities;
- Belgian permanent employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme.
The position is located in Brussels.
How to ApplyPlease send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
147 total views, 2 today