Full-Time Records Manager
The European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility GmbH (European XFEL GmbH) is a multi-national non-profit company. It will make available X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. Located in the Hamburg area, Germany, it will comprise scientific instruments for a wide range of experimental techniques. Commissioning of the European XFEL is underway, user operation is expected to start in the second half of 2017.
Currently, we are looking for a full-time Records Manager (f/m).
- store, catalogue, and make accessible analogue and digital records created for or about European XFEL by internal and external authors;
- develop and maintain pragmatic records management policies and procedures, based on professional best practices and hands-on lessons learned in house;
- evaluate and refine the metadata schemes and workflows of IT systems currently used for records management at European XFEL (e.g. Alfresco, Invenio, ERP);
- support staff through ongoing in-house training in good records management practices as well as the IT systems used to support them;
- coordinate with all relevant parties to prepare recommendations for the management board (e.g. for open access standards);
- report directly to a managing director to proactively support records management in all administrative, technical, and scientific groups throughout the company.
- postgraduate qualification in records management, business intelligence, information management, or a related discipline;
- demonstrated ability to manage records for companies in the public sector, including a history of joining high-level strategy with hands-on practice;
- thorough knowledge of current records and information management practices, standards, and tools as well as related issues;
- excellent IT skills and experience in evaluating and refining metadata schemes for document management systems, publication databases, and ERP systems;
- outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels, and ability to actively listen to end-user needs and translate them into practical solutions.
For additional information please contact Kurt Ament (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area.
General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found here.
Reference number: A-103
Duration: This appointment is permanent.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme as well as broad relocation benefits. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Handicapped persons will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
English is the working language, knowledge of German is considered an asset.
How to ApplyApplication: Please apply online here and provide a motivation letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file. Deadline: July 31st 2017
793 total views, 3 today