Full-Time Projecting Stability and Business Management Assistant (BEL429)
Projecting Stability and Business Management Assistant (BEL429)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: UKDEL (UK Delegation for NATO)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The United Kingdom’s Joint Delegation to NATO (UKDEL NATO) is the vital link between the UK Government and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. Its principal roles are to promote British interests in NATO and to keep UK Ministers and Government Departments informed about NATO discussions. The Delegation is now looking for a Projecting Stability and Business Management Assistant.
The Intern will support UK activity being delivered within the framework of NATO’s Projecting Stability Concept, and provide administrative assistance to the UK Delegation’s Business Management Team.
Projecting Stability is about strengthening security outside NATO territory whilst contributing to the overall security of the Alliance. The Business Management Team is responsible for the successful functioning of the UK Delegation and delivery of high-profile events, such as ministerial meetings.
This internship will provide exposure to a combination of international policy work, project management and management of the Delegation, including support for Ministers who attend NATO meetings. The UK Delegation is joint – it reports directly to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD). The job holder will gain experience of working with civilian and military personnel and have the opportunity to build key Civil Service skills. The position also offers insight into the UK’s relationship with NATO – the cornerstone of our security.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Political and Operations Teams to shape defence capacity building programmes in the Western Balkans, South Caucasus, and the Middle East and North Africa. Liaison with British Embassies, UK Stabilisation Unit, FCO and MOD (20%);
- Technical support on Projecting Stability objectives: drafting project proposals and reviews; logistical arrangements for overseas deployments by UK experts; support to UK civilian secondees at NATO HQ. Engagement with the NATO International Staff and Allied Delegations (50%);
- Provide administrative support to the Business Management Team (BMT) leading up to Ministerial and additional high profile events assigned to BMT. Duties include: the consolidation of administrative information, liaison with UK and NATO stakeholders, transport and protocol matters. Provide support at events including escorting, media support and room set up. Some flexibility will be required during high profile events (30%).
Essential qualifications and experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- University Graduate/Degree;
- Strong focus on customer needs;
- Ability to build relationships face to face and remotely;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Keen interest in current affairs and international relations;
- Some experience of supporting or running events;
- French would be useful, but is not essential.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Application deadline: 8 September 2017
Type of Position: Full-time, Temporary, Intern
Working hours per week: 36.25
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Location (City): UK Joint Delegation to NATO, Brussels
Type of Post: UK Delegation
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (EUR): 766
Start Date: 15 October 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time professional immersion traineeship with the duration of 3 months, 36.25 hours net for 5 working days a week.
The professional immersion indemnity for this position is €766. The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium follow the Belgian minimum pay scales for paid internships as set out under local labour law.
For more details, please follow the link: http://www.emploi.belgique.be/defaultTab.aspx?id=3460.
The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation. Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The Delegation has a strong learning and development culture. We are committed to the best possible professional and personal development of all our members, founded on good management and a substantial L & D programme in which we encourage all staff to participate.
Professional Immersion Traineeship Requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old;
- Proof of valid medical coverage for the period of the internship (European Health Insurance Card);
- The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance;
- Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
How to Apply
Additional informationPlease note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job. https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/4055-Projecting-Stability-and-Business-Management-Assistant-BEL429/en-GB
365 total views, 3 today