Full-Time Project Officer on Energy
BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is looking to recruit a Project Officer on Energy (12 months contract).
BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, is currently looking for a project officer to work on energy markets, especially on issues related to demand-side response in the residential sector.
This externally co-funded project will focus on enabling efficient transition towards a sustainable and low carbon society through consumer friendly demand response.
The tasks of the position will be as follows:
- Coordinate and implement the project on flexible energy demand and policies setting the rules for demand-side response;
- Provide BEUC with information and advice on demand-side response policies and enable knowledge sharing among BEUC membership;
- Collaborate with national consumers’ organisations and other relevant organisations;
- Influence the EU agenda on demand response policies and develop contacts with EU officials, MEPs and other relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare position papers as well as technical briefings on these issues;
- Undertake advocacy and outreach activities;
- Represent BEUC in relevant working groups and public events.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A law degree with good knowledge of energy policy issues/a master’s degree in the area of energy and environment with a strong legal background;
- Sound understanding of the energy policy and topics related to demand response;
- At least 5 years relevant experience working in the energy and/or environment sector;
- First class writing skills and experience in developing position papers;
- Very good knowledge of the EU political decision-making process and sound experience in lobbying the EU institutions;
- Good understanding of consumer issues and a commitment to advancing the interests of consumers in the energy and environment area;
- Ability to write and communicate well in English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Team player; ability to perform under pressure; well organised.
The project officer will report to the Head of Sustainability and Safety.
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- A non-routine job implying action in several topics related to energy markets and demand-side response;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and the EU institutions;
- A full time contract of 12 months ideally starting in May 2016, possibly renewable, competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra paid leave).
How to ApplyApplications for the position should be sent before 14th March 2016 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line:Project Officer Energy. Interviews will take place in Brussels. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum-vitae.
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What is the main challenge for consumers in the future energy markets?
- Convince us what, in your opinion, is the main challenge for consumers in future energy markets, especially what regards demand-side response in the residential sector? Using maximum 150 words.
848 total views, 2 today