Full-Time Project Officer
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’ community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU.
EPF currently represents 67 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated 150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
EPF’s vision for the future is that all patients with chronic and/or lifelong conditions in the EU have access to high quality, patient-centred equitable health and social care. The EPF strategic goals focus on areas such as health literacy, healthcare design and delivery, patient involvement, patient empowerment, sustainable patients’ organisations and nondiscrimination.
More information: www.eu-patient.eu.
EPF is looking for a Project Officer.
Purpose of the role
- Contributing to the EPF programme portfolio taking specific responsibilities in the daily management of an ongoing project on self-care under the coordination of the Programme Manager;
- Contributing to the effective integration of EPF core values and principles in all activities under the programme areas;
- Taking ad-hoc responsibility on the delivery of ongoing activities.
Key areas of responsibility
- Execution of tasks related to EPF participation in the project;
- Execution of financial management tasks including monitoring of the consortium budget and use of resources;
- Liaison with project partners and ensuring delivery of their tasks;
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of project’s technical and financial reports in accordance with the terms of the Grant Agreement.;
- Organisation of internal and external project meetings (date, logistics, invitation, technical support (web and teleconference)) in line with internal procedures.
- Overall support to other ongoing or upcoming projects on topics such as access to healthcare, health technology assessment;
- Project development: overall support to developing new activities and projects;
- Administrative support to project management;
- Ad-hoc support for other type of tasks may occasionally be needed.
Profile of the candidate
- University level education;
- Professional experience of 2 years in a similar capacity;
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes, in particular the Public Health Programme, Horizon 2020 programme, and Innovative Medicines Initiative;
- Experience in delivering programmes, projects, and complex tasks on time and within budget;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken and at least another European language;
- High level ability to use electronic office tools (word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, etc.);
- Experience of collaborative work in multi-stakeholder groups;
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team, and within tight deadlines;
- Availability to travel across Europe;
- Eye to detail and proactive approach;
- Commitment to EPF values.
- Experience of NGO work within the field of healthcare;
- Experience in the field of medicines’ Research and Development with a focus on patient involvement;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation strategies and methodologies, including impact assessment;
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions;
- Operational knowledge of further languages;
- Facilitation skills – ability to coordinate and solicit opinions and feedback from a group with diverse perspectives to reach a common, best solution.
- A full-time position giving the opportunity to progress and to integrate a dynamic and multi-cultural team in a European environment;
- A monthly gross salary of between 2200 and 2600 euros gross/month depending on experience;
- A package including lunch vouchers (8 euros), transportation costs, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care) and pension insurance;
- A 9-month contract (until the end of 2017) with possibility of extension.
How to ApplyTo apply Qualified candidates should submit, only via email (mail subject: “Application for the position of Project Officer”), a cover letter and CV in English to: email@example.com by 5 March 2017 at the latest. Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should ideally start in April 2017.
571 total views, 1 today