Temporary Project Managers (Junior, Mid-level to Senior)
IBF International Consulting (www.ibf.be) is a European development consultancy founded in Brussels in 1977 that is working on co-operation projects financed by international institutions like the European Commission and the World Bank.
Our main fields of expertise are institutional support, economic development, education, social development and consumer policy. IBF has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IBF employs 70 permanent staff and has about 250 experts in the field.
Our values are integrity, human attitude, commitment, proximity and networking, competence and credibility.
The Project Manager is responsible for a portfolio of projects and oversees the project, contract and financial management of projects with the ability to manage and work with stakeholders, partners and experts.
The person will work at IBF’s headquarters in Brussels covering the following tasks:
- Manage running projects worldwide and in a variety of sectors to the highest satisfaction of beneficiaries and funding agencies;
- Ensuring contractual deliverables are submitted to quality standards;
- Strong risk management and troubleshooting project issues when necessary;
- Identification and recruitment of short term experts;
- Manage local project staff and project offices;
- Secure a good working relationship with experts, clients and partners;
- Secure a positive image and reputation of IBF;
- Ability to travel with regular visits to the field and project offices;
- Commercially oriented to build strategic and enduring relationships with clients, beneficiaries, government counterparts and experts;
- Accountable for the successful delivery of projects to beneficiary government’s satisfaction, contractually compliant to client’s needs and commercially viable to IBF;
- Detailed tasks will include:
- Manage the scope of the project;
- Develop detailed workplans which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project;
- Manage the resources (time, budget, human resources) required to complete the project;
- Manage effective and timely resource allocations;
- Provide performance monitoring through the use of indicators;
- Use common procedures and standards/templates to document project activities;
- Maintain a knowledge base to ensure all deliverables and work-products are collected and uploaded to the appropriate project management platform;
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project to time and budget;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on project progress;
- Timely and appropriate escalation of project issues;
- Review the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project and client standards;
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures;
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on regular basis;
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and funding agencies’ procedures.
- Provide input/advice to tendering unit for identification and submission of new tenders.
- University degree in related discipline;
- Professional Experience:
- 0 to 4 years of work experience (for Junior Project Manager position);
- 5 years of work experience and 2 years of demonstrated international project management experience (for Project Manager position);
- Minimum 10 years of work experience and 5 years of international project management experience (for Senior Project Manager position).
- Fluency in English & French;
- Good organisation, rigorous, attention to detail;
- Perfect management of budgets and financials;
- Experience with EC procedures, PRAG and PCM would be an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Behavioural flexibility, creativity/initiative;
- Team-player, commercially-oriented, self-starter, deadline-driven;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint, with MS Project knowledge an asset;
- Personal Characteristics and Attributes:
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective tools and techniques;
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of IBF;
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities;
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness;
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interests of IBF. Coach and mentor junior staff;
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the project;
- Organise: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track tasks and activities;
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the project forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results;
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Competitive remuneration with performance-based pay. Professional certification in project management will be provided.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send their CV with a motivation letter by email to PMI@ibf.be by 9th June 2017. For mid-level and senior positions, only candidates with demonstrable project management experience will be shortlisted and contacted.
746 total views, 3 today