Full-Time Project Manager – International Projects
Project Manager – International Projects
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognised BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 72,000 clients in 150 countries, BSI is an organisation whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
Job Type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £28k – £30k per annum
Benefits: offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Their offices are located above Gunnersbury underground/overground station and there is limited free on-site parking.
About the role:
The International Projects Department brings together BSI internal expertise with selected associated Consultants and fields them worldwide. Since 2003, the Department has implemented a number of projects in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America, as well as supporting the rest of the BSI Group to undertake its standards and quality management activities outside of the UK.
Projects implemented by BSI cover:
- Support to quality infrastructure (assistance to standards associations and bodies);
- Institution building in standardisation and certification;
- Improvement of the standards development process;
- Support to the development of technical regulations;
- Establishment and management of standards information services and WTO National TBT Enquiry Points;
- Establishment and management of product test facilities;
- Developing product certification and management system certification programmes;
- Metrology and Accreditation;
- Institution building for the application and enforcement of the legal instruments;
- Approximation of technical rules and standards;
- Adoption of standards supporting the new approach;
- Quality and conformity assessment activities;
- Raising awareness and enhancing quality culture among the private sector and consumers.
These projects are funded by a range of donors (EU, ADB, IADB, TMEA, UNIDO, World Bank, etc.). Through its projects, BSI’s International Projects Department provides technical assistance to beneficiary countries in order to contribute to the removal of technical and legal barriers to trade and to ensure the free movement of goods and provision of services.
BSI has a wealth of project delivery experience in providing technical assistance to improve the Quality Infrastructure of beneficiary countries in line with accepted international norms and standards, through the provision of studies, gap analysis and action plans, advisory, training, assessment and evaluation activities.
This exciting role provides immediate responsibility and accountability for business development and project acquisition work, project implementation of on-going projects, and managing international donors and business partners.
- University degree (Masters or equivalent) in international development, economics, management or a related field;
- Proven ability to manage donor-funded projects;
- Good project management experience and skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good writing and editorial skills;
- Sound research and analytical skills;
- Ability to use search engines and tools;
- Experience in technical design and writing of compelling proposals primarily funded by international donors would be a distinctive advantage;
- Experience with the development of financial/cost proposals using donor guidelines, as well as a strong understanding of costing of technical experts/consultants would be a distinctive advantage;
- Commercially driven, results-oriented and customer-focused;
- Interest in international development issues and technical cooperation, in particular in trade and quality infrastructure areas;
- Understanding of international donor work;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to work in other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian) would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy, experienced user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio);
- Flexibility to travel at short notice overseas on short-term missions.
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, International Projects, Project Management, Donor Funded Projects, International Development, Project Coordinator, Economics, Standards Development, Certification etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
How to Applyhttps://internal.easyats.co.uk/applicationForm/addStdApplicant/14442/?isdb=1&Token=MDQzZjI2YzIxNDJiZjdkZWI0Y2MxODk5MDViNzNhNDQ=
486 total views, 1 today