Full-Time Project Manager EUROMED Migration IV
Project Manager EUROMED Migration IV
Posting date: 28 April 2017
Deadline for applications: 26 May 2017
Duty station: Malta (with regular travel)
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: 25 months
Eligible nationalities: All
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and its Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean in Valletta, Malta is looking for qualified candidates to fill the abovementioned position of Project Manager EUROMED Migration IV.
The EUROMED Migration IV (EMM4), a programme funded by the European Union (EU), aims to implement a comprehensive and shared approach to strengthen effective dialogue and cooperation on migration, mobility and international protection and asylum between EU Member States (EU MS) and European Neighborhood Instrument South Partner Countries (ENI SPC). In this, the programme provides a comprehensive, constructive and operational dialogue and co-operation framework, with particular focus on reinforcing regional and national instruments and capacities to develop and implement evidence-based and coherent migration and international protection policies and actions. The programme encompasses two main dimensions, namely 1) regional dialogue and cooperation and 2) capacity building actions. Horizontal and cross-cutting activities support both dimensions, with particular focus on communication and regional actions, especially in the perspective of contributing to the dissemination of balanced information for a more positive narrative on migration.
The EMM4 is inclusive in its approach and actively engages with a broad variety of stakeholders including government authorities, international organisations and civil society representatives, academia, and the media in the implementation of its activities. For more information on EMM4, please refer to the following link: https://www.icmpd.org/ourwork/migration-dialogues/euromed-migration-iv/.
Under ICMPD’s Migration Dialogues and Cooperation Directorate which encompasses the Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean, the Project Manager will be leading a Project Team of 10+ staff, and will report directly to the Programme Manager. The Project Manager will ensure the coordination of all project activities and efficient management of the project team. S/he will inform and consult with the Programme Manager on the progress and implementation of the project.
Interested candidates are requested to complete the primary and secondary selection criteria accessible in the recruitment document linked to this vacancy (see link on ICMPD vacancy website).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Programme Manager supervision, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
The Project Manager is responsible for the operational management of the action and represents the programme vis-à-vis the donor. S/He ensures that the action is implemented according to the programme’s work plan. S/He reports to the Programme Manager and ensures that the latter is informed of project progress and activities; takes responsibility for the project implementation both technically and substantively; at regional level (multi-lateral activities) as well as for the coordination of national activities; contributes to the overall reporting requirements and obligations towards the EC; and acts as the focal point for the programme; communicates with beneficiaries, National Focal Points, and the contracting authority throughout implementation of the action.
To this end, the Project Manager’s responsibilities will include:
Overall Project Management
- Lead and manage the project team and efficiently coordinate all project activities;
- Establish, reviews, assesses and adjusts the project work plan and budget when necessary and takes necessary actions;
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of the work plan and accomplishment of project outputs. Regularly review work plan to track implementation and to ensure that the project is on schedule, to reflect any adjustment or changes, to take corrective action as required;
- Monitor and oversee that project inputs and administrative processes such as procurement and contracting are carried out promptly and in accordance with EC and ICMPD rules and established processes/procedures;
- Ensure timely reporting to donors and partners, oversee formulation and drafting of narrative reports and project periodic reports. Coordinate with Operations Support Team for preparation of financial reports;
- Make certain that project cycle management processes are implemented and duly documented in accordance with ICMPD’s Quality Management System;
- Ensure close coordination with ICMPD initiatives both in the region and in the same location to ensure delivery coherence of ICMPD’s portfolio of activities.
Project Financial Management
- Responsible for the financial management of the project in close coordination with the Operations Support Manager, ensuring that the project is implemented according to the approved budget, set limits are respected and corrective actions are undertaken promptly;
- Monitor budget implementation using the corporate financial management systems (SAP), prepare budget revisions to adjust budget to changes in project work plan.
Management of Project Team, Experts and Service Providers
- Draft the human resource project plan, document respective roles of team members in the project;
- Coordinate the work of the Project Team, oversee team member’s individual inputs to the project work plan and track individual tasks;
- Evaluate the performance of Project Team members according to ICMPD´s performance management system, report regularly on team performance to supervisor, initiate salary adaptations in accordance with ICMPD’s promotions and rewards approach;
- Ensure that ToRs for experts/consultants are elaborated according to standards and relevant experts identified accordingly, and that performance evaluation of experts and suppliers are conducted.
Production of project content, knowledge management and continuous project development
- Plan, align timetable and monitor delivery of the project outputs in close collaboration with the Knowledge and Communication Officer;
- Identify and formulate opportunities, challenges, lessons learned and best practices at project level.
Coordination and management of project related communication
- Supervise the development of a communication strategy by the communication officer, in close collaboration with the Knowledge and Communication Officer, and oversee its implementation;
- Oversee the production of communication material throughout the project implementation;
- Participate in, and as necessary chair project events, seminars and workshops;
- Participate on behalf of ICMPD in conferences/meetings/seminars relevant for the project and area of work;
- Present project results to various stakeholder groups such as Steering Groups/donors;
- Carry out other related tasks as assigned.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in relevant discipline, such as political/social science, law, international relations or policy.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in progressively responsible positions including roles in programme management, project implementation, strategic management, partnership building and resources mobilisation.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Strong leadership and teambuilding abilities, managerial competencies and representational, negotiation and advocacy skills;
- Substantive knowledge of EU-Mediterranean political instruments and dialogues and a good understanding of migration policies and programmes;
- Sound knowledge of European, North African and Middle Eastern political realities in the area of migration;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and French compulsory. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
How to Apply
Application ProcedureInterested candidates are requested to submit their complete application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a 1) curriculum vitae and 2) completing the recruitment document linked to the Vacancy Announcement VA17P039V01 for the Project Manager position (accessible on the ICMPD website: http://www.icmpd.org/work-forus/current-vacancies). Only complete applications will be considered. Should you experience technical difficulties with the online application system please send your application per e-mail to email@example.com, specifying the type of difficulties you encountered. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application early. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will be held from in the second half of May. Applicants are expected to be available during this time period for a personal/telephone/Skype interview. All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via fax or post, will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ContactFor enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General InformationICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade. Frequent travel to medium and/or high risk areas may be required for the execution of the duties of this position. The appointment of the successful candidate is conditional upon the award of the project contract. ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
178 total views, 1 today