Full-Time Project Finance Officer
Project Finance Officer
The European University Association is currently seeking to recruit a Project Finance Officer, for its offices located in Brussels. S/he will work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration and will provide finance and budgeting support to the Project Units. S/he will ensure compliance with contractual obligations, legal requirements and the EUA’s policy.
S/he will also ensure close coordination and regular and effective cross-unit communication related to financial management aspects of projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Project Units in all financial and contractual aspects of project preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Ensure compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with donors’ contracts and internal regulations;
- Monitor project spending, coordinate budget realignments and annual budget reviews; prepare and update spending forecast; monitor income from donors and fund transfers;
- Update project tools and templates for budget management and donor reporting;
- Brief staff members and partners on finance matters, project management and reporting;
- Maintain an overview of grants and tenders and facilitate cross-unit communication related to financial management aspects;
- Obtain timely and satisfactory project reports prior to closure of projects;
- Coordinate external audits and follow-up by implementation of audit recommendation.
Background and qualifications
- University degree or Master in Business/Finance management or other relevant fields;
- Min. 3 years job experience in finance management in NGOs or international organisations;
- Experience in developing, managing and monitoring finance and accounting systems, policies and procedures;
- Sound knowledge of financial management principles;
- Experience with external audit procedures;
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Excellent IT-skills, including proficiency in Excel and familiarity with accounting systems (Winbooks);
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French; any other European language is an asset.
The Association offers a permanent contract under Belgian law and an attractive package of benefits including lunch vouchers, hospitalization & medical costs insurance and a pension scheme.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are requested to send their CV and a concise motivation letter quoting their salary expectations to email@example.com by 10 May 2017. EUA regrets that we are not able to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
443 total views, 3 today