Full-Time Project Coordinator on Sustainable Transport
Project Coordinator on Sustainable Transport
BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator on Sustainable Transport.
to start as soon as possible
9 months contract (with potential for extension)
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability and Safety, the position will involve:
- Coordinating and implementing a project aimed at improving the fuel efficiency of car transport, improving consumer information about the environmental impact of cars, and building expertise of consumer organisations on electric vehicles and other mobility-relevant issues; the role may also include work on affordable energy;
- Preparing consultation and position papers as well as technical briefings on these issues;
- Undertaking advocacy and outreach activities;
- Representing BEUC in relevant committees, working groups and public events;
- Lobbying and networking with the EU institutions and other stakeholders;
- Contributing to BEUC reporting activities.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A technical background/master’s degree relevant to environment and/or climate and energy issues;
- Sound understanding of environmental and climate issues related to transport;
- At least 3 years relevant experience working in the environment and/or energy sector;
- First class writing skills and experience in developing position papers;
- Very good knowledge of the EU political decision-making process and sound experience in lobbying the EU institutions;
- Good understanding of consumer issues and a commitment to advancing the interests of consumers in the environment area;
- Ability to write and communicate very well in English;
- Team player – ability to perform under pressure – well organised.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting consumer interests;
- An exceptional and challenging role working to achieve positive action in the field of transport & energy;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and decision makers;
- A full-time 9-months fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewable for a further 12 months) with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
How to ApplyApplications for the position should be sent by 4 September 2017 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Sustainable Transport. The first round of interviews will take place on Friday, 8 September and Monday, 11 September and the final round of interviews on Friday, 15 September. Ideal starting date would be by 1st October 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your application should include the following documents (with your name as title):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What major challenges do you see related to sustainable transport until 2030 and how should they be tackled?
- Using maximum 250 words.
212 total views, 1 today