Full-Time Programme Officer Nepal
Programme Officer Nepal
Norlha is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious NGO based in Lausanne, Switzerland, that supports remote and poor communities in the Himalayas to improve their lives in terms of food security, additional income, sound environment, gender equality. Currently Norlha has projects in Nepal, Bhutan and China. In order to support the management of the Nepal project Norlha is looking for a:
Volunteer/ internship position
This Swiss based position provides support to the Norlha Kathmandu office and our implementing partners on the implementation of Norlha’s ‘Sustainable Agriculture for Livelihood Security’ (SALS) programme in Rasuwa, Nepal.
Mission and activities
· Working with Norlha’s Kathmandu Office to effectively monitor and evaluate the progress and outcomes of the SALS programme;
· Establish progress and financial reports of the projects for internal management and submission to funders;
· Providing technical information and linking with technical specialists upon demand from Norlha field staff in Nepal;
· Collaborating with Fundraising officers to identify potential funding agencies, to provide project information and to assure project reporting to donors;
· Collaborating with Communication officers in producing materials about the project targeting general public;
· Supporting the Norlha Project Formulation Team to identify need and draft and assess proposals and budgets for new projects in the Rasuwa area;
· To work in close collaboration with Norlha’s Gender Team and support the implementation of the Gen1 Project in Rasuwa.
· Interest, engagement and/or experience in international development, (voluntary) involvement in field projects in developing countries;
· Interest and preferable experience in project management (planning, monitoring, reporting, financial management);
· Interest in sustainable agriculture, food security, income generation, and proactive interest in learning more;
· Proficient in reporting, in analysis and synthesis;
· Degree (or final stage) in studies related to international development;
· Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and preferably also in French;
· Good knowledge of and affinity with the Himalayas are a definite asset;
· Highly motivated and dynamic personality, comfortable working autonomously and in a team, eager to take initiatives.
· Engagement in poverty reduction and development of people in need, focus on capacity building;
· Strengthening your project management and NGO experience;
· Working in an enthusiastic and motivated cohesive team;
· High degree of autonomy, good sense of responsibility, ample room for initiative.
Duration: minimum 6, preferably 9 months or longer
Working time: at least 30%
This position is not paid and an applicant must have a currently valid working permit in Switzerland
Location: Norlha office in Lausanne, partial home-based work is possible
How to ApplyApplication Process: please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref. Programme Officer Nepal Closing date for application: March 14th 2016 Expected start date: as soon as possible, upon mutual agreement We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
1187 total views, 2 today