Full-Time Programme Manager – Syria & Iraq
Programme Manager – Syria & Iraq
The objective of the European Institute of Peace (EIP) is to contribute to and complement the global peace agenda of Europe and of the European Union. We do so primarily through mediation and informal dialogue. The EIP pursues multi-track diplomacy and promotes best practice in conflict resolution. These responsibilities are executed through three types of initiatives: (a) mediation and facilitated dialogue, (b) public and preventive diplomacy, and lastly (c) innovation and capacity building in support of effective approaches to conflict prevention and peacemaking.
The EIP is looking for an experienced full-time Programme Manager to lead our work in Syria and Iraq.
Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Programmes Director, the Programme Manager – Syria & Iraq will:
- Lead and co-implement EIP’s efforts in support of sustainable and inclusive conflict resolution and reconciliation in Syria and Iraq respectively;
- Develop new programme interventions;
- Manage relations with national political, religious and civic leaders ;
- Serve as EIP liaison for UN-OSE, UN-Women, ISSG Governments, the EU, Governments and diplomatic missions with an interest in Syria and/or Iraq; Track 2 and Track 3 agencies;
- Be responsible for internal and external monitoring and reporting ;
- Manage donor relations, fundraising and grant management; and
- Manage a small team of Programme staff, as well as any future recruits.
Competencies and qualifications needed for this position include:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in political science, conflict resolution, terrorism studies, international relations, or a related field;
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in international relations, diplomacy or mediation;
- A minimum of 5 of experience in project management;
- Experience interacting with high-level delegates and diplomats is essential. Previous partnerships with peer peacemaking organisations and/or civil society institutions preferred;
- Experience in participatory approaches and constructive feedback loops highly desired;
- Field experience in the region is an added value;
- Sound political judgement, good inter-personal skills and networking ability;
- Perfect command of English (written and spoken) required. Command of Arabic an advantage;
- Strong analytical and writing skills essential; and
- Sound organisational skills and strong attention to detail, and solutions-oriented.
- Permanent Belgian contract; and
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan and contribution to public transportation for commute to work
How to ApplyRecruitment process Please submit
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_PM SyriaIraq)
- a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_PM SyriaIraq) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
442 total views, 1 today