Full-Time Programme and Operations Coordinator
Programme and Operations Coordinator
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is advertising for an experienced and talented Programme and Operations Co-ordinator (POC) to coordinate the development of clear and relevant programmes in DDG’s global operations.
The POC is experienced in humanitarian programme development and co-ordination preferable with experience with Mine Action and Armed Violence Reduction programming. You are proactive and service minded in your support to and co-operation with the field, and keen to find synergies across DDG’s operations globally and monitor new trends. You are used to co-ordinate with multiple stakeholders and understand the importance of being flexible and take responsibility also when an extra effort is required.
DDG is part of the Danish Refuge Council (DRC) and DDG’s mission is to “recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordnance and small arms and light weapons”. Our activities range from traditional humanitarian mine action and recognising the widespread proliferation of uncontrolled Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW), DDG has expanded its approach from traditional humanitarian mine action (MA) to also addressing the threats from SALW, and addressing sources of local armed conflict.
The DDG portfolio is expected to grow over the coming years, with increasing annual turnover and a strong position on issues related to Armed Violence Reduction. We are a self-implementing organisation, which means that we have our own operational set-up in each of the approximately 19 countries in which DDG operates. The annual turnover of DDG is in excess of 20 mio. EUR globally.
The focus for the POC will principally be supporting mine action and armed violence reduction programmes in a limited number of countries. The DDG HQ Unit consists of a small unit of dedicated colleagues under the management of the Head of DDG. The DDG HQ Unit is part of the Division for Regional Operations, which is one of three divisions in the DRC International Department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The POC is responsible for carrying out tasks related to the daily coordination and facilitation of the HQ support and co-ordination to the field programmes, as noted above. He/She will support the programme development in close co-operation with relevant technical specialists in HQ and in the field. In executing this support, the POC will have a number of minor tasks related to the co-ordination and compliance within HR, administration and logistics.
- Contribute with contextual, programmatic and organisational knowledge to the development of strategic planning and thinking for DDG programmes.
- Support the planning and implementation of the annual planning cycle in DDG programmes, including Annual Reviews and the development of a Strategic Programme Document.
- Contribute to the translation of strategic priorities into a relevant, clear and efficient concept of operations at field level.
Operational and Financial Compliance
- Support and promote that programmes are operating in accordance with relevant internal guidelines and minimum requirements, as per DDG Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and programme manuals, with the support of Global Special Leads (GSLs).
- Ensure that relevant modalities and best practises (globally and from other DDG operations) are incorporated into programme and operations and that best practises are fed upwards and onwards within DDG & DRC to promote organizational learning.
- Ensure that both beneficiary and donor accountability is actively pursued in DDG programmes, according to DRC’s global standards.
- Assist designated DDG programmes and the Head of DDG in tasks relating to the production and monitoring of operational budgets as well as of an annual global DDG budget.
- Take responsibility for other designated tasks within operational and financial compliance
- Contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers, as well as assist in the development of a resource mobilization strategy
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of a resource mobilization and communications strategy for relevant DDG field programmes.
- Support and contribute to private fundraising and the development of innovative initiatives, in coordination with DRC Communications and Fundraising staff.
- Contribute to the daily cooperation and coordination with other parts of DRC, including the development of strategies, policies, operational priorities and professional standards within the whole of DRC.
- Minor ad hoc HR tasks related to recruitment, according to the organisation’s HR guidelines.
- Other tasks delegated by the Head of DDG.
The POC reports to the Head of DDG and cooperate with DDG and DRC staff at HQ and in the field in general. Internally within DDG HQ, the POC will work closely with the other POCs and Program Managers in DDG, the Grants Officer and other DDG admin staff. He/She will, on behalf of the Head of DDG, support programme staff in assigned field programmes, in cooperation with relevant GSLs. Externally, the POC will have ad hoc contact to donors, research institutions, consultants, etc. as relevant for the execution of their duties.
- A relevant university degree, preferably in related Social Science disciplines, International Relations, International Development or Disaster Management (Master’s level degrees preferred).
- Extensive experience with humanitarian programme development and coordination, preferably within the Mine Action sector and/or with Armed Violence Reduction programming more generally. Experience from both HQ and field positions is an advantage.
- Understand the many-facetted and complex aspects of implementing humanitarian projects within a Non-Government Organisation setting.
- Persistence in monitoring and following-up on external and internal compliance demands.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and diverse interests.
- Service-minded in understanding the importance of providing high quality and consistent support field programmes.
- The ability to work independently, in a structured manner, with great reliability and a sense of responsibility.
- Team spirit, flexible and readiness to take responsibility in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, with the ability to work in Spanish, French and Russian considered to be an asset.
Terms and conditions
The post is to be filled by 1st April 2017, or as soon as possible. Salary terms are in accordance with the agreement between DRC and the AC organisations. The position is temporary and runs for 12 months (until March 31 2018) with the possibility of extending based on performance and funding. It is estimated that the POC will be travelling approximately 2 months annually.
For further information, please contact Acting Head of DDG, Roger Fasth, firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the Danish Demining Group and the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.danishdeminingroup.dk and www.drc.dk.
How to ApplyApplication and CV We only accept applications sent via our online at www.drc.dk > Vacancies > Current vacancies > [Programme and Operations Coordinator, DDG] (click on the vacancy, then on “Apply” at the bottom of the window that opens). Direct link here. Please submit your application no later than Friday 10th March 2017 17:00 PM. Please annex both a CV and a “Letter of Motivation” as part of your application. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please contact email@example.com, if you experience problems with your online application (Note that applications to this email will not be considered).
455 total views, 1 today