Full-Time Principal Consultant – Transport Policy & Economics
Principal Consultant – Transport Policy & Economics
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability and policy consultancy operating across the world. With a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Sustainable Transport Practice delivers analysis to clients on the major environmental, social and economic challenges facing the transport sector. We provide support to governments to help develop a fully sustainable transport system, including measures to improve fuel efficiency, cut congestion, reduce pollution, improve safety, and improve urban mobility. Our transport sector work is highly influential, and has been used to support the development of the EU’s 2011 Transport White Paper, analyse European road freight policies, examine transport sector innovation capacities, investigate road pricing policy options, review the EU’s Aviation Emissions Trading Scheme and develop vehicle CO2/fuel economy standards around the world.
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join our dynamic team. Our work is focused on strategic policy advice covering a very wide range of transport sector issues. You will work on high profile projects that play an integral role in driving regulatory approaches in the EU and worldwide. Projects are likely to include: policy evaluation, cost-benefit analysis, valuation of external costs, estimating the economic and employment impacts of different types of transport policies, and statistical/econometric analysis. You will use your technical skills to provide insights to support policy decisions, and to analyse the impact of decisions on the transport system, the economy, the environment and society.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing policy consultancy projects for the European Commission and/or national government clients, will have the capacity to work flexibly across a range of thematic areas in transport, and will collaborate closely with technical experts in multi-disciplinary teams. Candidates should enjoy solving analytical problems, have excellent report writing skills and demonstrate exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
Whilst a previous track record in carrying out transport-related consultancy projects is not essential, a very strong interest in transport policy is required. The successful candidate must have an aptitude for solving complex problems, and actively enjoy working on a wide range of topics that may initially be unfamiliar to them.
The role is a senior position with responsibility for:
- Managing complex consultancy projects on transport policy issues for the European Commission, national governments and international agencies, and writing bids/proposals for projects of this nature;
- Designing, structuring and applying economic analysis to transport policy problems;
- Leading and providing written content and technical analysis for the preparation of reports, as well as contributing to the development of proposals for new work;
- Presenting Ricardo’s work at client meetings and conferences.
Key competencies and experience
- A first or upper second class BSc (or Masters/PhD) in Economics, Physical Sciences, Engineering or Mathematics;
- Experience in managing complex policy consultancy projects for Government clients is essential and experience of managing European Commission projects is highly desirable;
- A previous specialism in transport is not required, but a strong interest in transport policy is essential;
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other languages is desirable;
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills;
- Highly numerate, with a track record in developing and implementing spreadsheet models;
- Effective and proactive team worker, capable of supporting and developing peers and other staff members;
- Proficiency in using statistical or mathematical software is desirable.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Applyhttp://careers.eericardo.com/vacancies/281/principal_consultant_transport_policy_economics/
342 total views, 1 today