Full-Time Press Officer
(Contract Agent post)
The ALDE Group is looking for a Press Officer to enhance the media activities of the political group and be the contact person in particular for the Spanish press.
This person will be part of the Press team and work closely with Policy Advisors.
As press officer, you will ensure large digital exposure of all activities, publications, opinions and campaigns.
- degree in media/political communication;
- writing skills;
- tech savvy;
- a demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for politics is essential;
- problem solver, team player and able to work independently, under pressure;
- Languages: excellent written and spoken Spanish, plus an ability to work in both English and French (Italian and Portuguese would be a plus).
Outline of the Press Officer Role
Press Officer Job Description
The successful candidate will join our dedicated Press Office team, where you will use your expertise to develop and present ALDE positions, handle diverse media enquiries and give crucial advice on media issues. You will also develop and maintain strong relationships with fellow group MEPs, staff colleagues and with media organisations.
Politically astute and calm under pressure, you will win trust with your keen news sense and sound judgement. You have fluent writing skills and a clear communication style, honed during your time as a journalist, PR or media relations professional.
Imaginative and hard-working, you can create suitable media handling plans that ensure the ALDE message is conveyed to the public by the media. You are used to using new channels, such as online tools and operating independently or as part of a team.
While the successful candidate will need to be fluent in Spanish, we also require an in-depth knowledge of both English and French as these are the working languages used within the Secretariat.
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities:
- you must be a national of a Member State of the European Union;
- you must be entitled to your full rights as citizen;
- you must have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- you must produce the appropriate character references for performance of the duties.
How to ApplyCopies of supporting educational certificates/diplomas and references to any work experience in the same field must be provided together with the application. Applications have to be sent to: European Parliament ALDE GROUP Human Resources Service - Recruitment To the attention of Roger Chadwick PHS 6C027 EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT rue Wiertz B - 1047 BRUXELLES Deadline for applications: May 15 2017 at the latest (as attested by postmark). The salary will be based solely on professional experience of the successful candidate.
474 total views, 1 today