Full-Time Power Systems Research Group Leader
Power Systems Research Group Leader
A group leader position, reporting to the Electrical Engineering Research Area leader, is offered to lead the Power Systems (PS) research group. The PS focuses its research and technological development in the field of power systems applied to wind energy, micro grids and smart grids. PS research group is integrated within the Energy Efficiency in Systems, Buildings and Communities (ECOS) research area of IREC.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the research activity of the group;
- Define the vision, mission and strategic roadmap of the Group as part of the ECOS research strategy;
- Set the scientific and technology goals and manage the resources to achieve them;
- Rise funding from National and European programs and from Industry;
- Manage the resources, budget and planning of the group;
- Represent the Institute in the activities related to the Group.
Fields of expertise:
- Power systems, power converters, electrical engineering applied to:
- wind energy systems and wind power plants, with special focus on grid integration and off-shore wind power plants and systems;
- grid integration of renewable energy systems, energy storage systems and electric mobility;
- smart grids and microgrids, with special focus on modeling, simulation, grid integration, resilience and cibersecurity.
- Modeling and simulation of power systems with special focus on grid integration and advanced controls.
This professional must be highly skilled in leading research projects and teams in the fields of expertise including experimental and laboratory activities. Capacity to lead and work in a team, flexible, innovative, with initiative and problem solving skills. High level of analytical and synthesis skills.
Qualifications and experience required:
- PhD+ at least 3 years PostDoc position in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Proven experience in the fields of expertise;
- Proven experience leading collaborative research projects and proposals in the field of expertise at national and European level;
- Proven experience leading industrial collaborations in the field of expertise at national and European level;
- Proven experiences in leading research collaborative teams in research institutions;
- Proven international experiences with other research associations and national/international research institutions;
- Relevant and qualified publications and dissemination scientific activities in the field of expertise.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Team Worker;
- Initiative in Research and Innovation;
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities.
How to Applyhttp://www.irec.cat/en/borsa-de-treball/power-systems-research-group-leader.html
176 total views, 1 today