Full-Time Postdoctoral Scientist in the Area of Neuro-Image Informatics
Postdoctoral Scientist in the Area of Neuro-Image Informatics
We are a young and motivated team of researchers within the Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, looking for an enthusiastic colleague who wants to perform postdoctoral research on high-throughput microscopic imaging methodologies for interrogation of neuronal networks in the context of neurodegeneration. Our group aims at understanding disease development from a cell-centered perspective. For this, we rely on a multidisciplinary cocktail of genome editing, advanced light microscopy and image informatics. The major focus of this research track will be on automation of image analyses and integration of intelligent imaging strategies, with an eye on improving cell-based diagnostics of neurodegenerative diseases and assessment of potential therapeutic approaches. As the Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology also runs the Microscopy Core Facility, the successful applicant will benefit from access to cutting-edge microscopy infrastructure. Also, being an industrial collaboration, this project allows the candidate to work at the interface of academia and industry. In brief, it is an ideal substrate for career development.
Next to the practical work, you will be responsible for the organization and management of project applications, co-ordinate service tasks, and co-supervise PhD students and other team members.
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or get during the application period) a doctorate degree (PhD) in (Bio-)medical Sciences, (Bio-)Physics, Bioscience Engineering, (Bio-)Informatics, Veterinary Sciences or equivalent;
- You can submit outstanding academic results and peer-reviewed publications in the relevant field;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university;
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing);
- Experience with and interest in fluorescence microscopy, calcium imaging, programming and especially image analysis and data mining is recommended.
How to Applyhttps://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/ap/2017bapffbdef030/
397 total views, 1 today