Full-Time Postdoc – Resonant Scattering and Diffraction Beamline P09
Postdoc – Resonant Scattering and Diffraction Beamline P09
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
For high-end Synchrotron radiation applications, the 3rd generation source PETRA III is available since 2009 as one of the most brilliant hard X-ray sources worldwide. The Resonant Scattering and Diffraction Beamline P09 at PETRA III is dedicated to the investigation of the magnetic and structural properties of hard condensed matter compounds using resonant X-ray magnetic scattering (RXMS), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and X-ray spectroscopy (XMCD). We are seeking a Post-doctoral Research Associate to develop a user-oriented software package to determine magnetic structure from resonant X-ray magnetic scattering measurements on single-crystals based on the CrysFML and FullProf infrastructure and the scripts and libraries available at the beamline.
- Develop a user-oriented software package to determine magnetic structure from resonant X-ray magnetic scattering measurements on singlecrystals;
- In-house research related to magnetic structure determination;
- User support.
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry or Material Sciences;
- Thorough knowledge of RXMS;
- Solid basis in Crystallography- Knowledge of low temperature measurement techniques is desirable;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Fortran, C/C++, MatLab or Python; if Fortran is not the primary language of the candidate, a strong interest in learning Fortran is required;
- Ability in developing software packages to be used by third parties – Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary software developers and facility users
- Proficiency in English.
For further information please contact Dr. Sonia Francoual, +49-40-8998-5728.
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees. There is a bilingual kindergarten on the DESY site.
How to ApplyWe are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application system: Online-Application. Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY Human Resources Department | Code: FSPO002/2017 Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany | Phone: +49 40-8998-3392 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications: 31 March 2017 www.desy.de The Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation. www.helmholtz.de
199 total views, 2 today