Full-Time Post-Doctoral Position in Stem Cell Biology in Pathological Context
Post-Doctoral Position in Stem Cell Biology in Pathological Context
A cell biologist position is open at Institut Pasteur, an internationally renowned research institute in the centre of Paris, France. The successful candidate will work on muscle stem cells and will develop and apply tools to study the behaviour of those muscle stem cells in normal and pathological context. The highly international and interdisciplinary environment of this topic is conducive for developing a large spectrum of skills at the interface between industrial and fundamental biology. An important part of this project will be to develop screening protocols for future biomedical applications.
This project will be integrated in the histopathology laboratory directed by Pr. Fabrice Chretien that as the particularity of being both a research centre and a histology platform with high bonds with hospitals and other academic partners. This project is integrated with industrial partners and a biotechnology start-up. The project will have both fundamental and preclinical aspects.
The candidate will have to:
- Design, conduct and interpret experiments and data (drug effect);
- Manage the project as well as students;
- Develop high-throughput technics;
- Communicate the results in meetings, scientific seminars, conferences and write articles/projects.
- A PhD. in biology and a first experience in cell biology;
- Cell biology skills (ex vivo and in vitro) as well as all basic molecular biology techniques must be mastered;
- In vivo approaches and animal handling is mandatory;
- Knowledge and skills in stem cell biology will be appreciated but not mandatory;
- A strong interest in multi disciplinal approaches;
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, the capacity to work autonomously and deliver results on time, adaptability.
How to Applyhttps://research.pasteur.fr/en/job/post-doctoral-position-in-stem-cell-biology-in-pathological-context/
154 total views, 2 today