To apply please follow instructions given below
11 Jan 2017
Full-Time Post-doctoral Position in Clumped Isotope Paleoceanography
Post-doctoral Position in Clumped Isotope Paleoceanography
Project/work tasks include:
- improving clumped isotope thermometry for small carbonate samples;
- clumped isotope mass spectrometry;
- collaboration with/shared supervision of the PhD student in the project;
- Data interpretation in collaboration with paleoceanographers and climate modelers.
We seek a highly motivated candidate with the following requirements:
- a PhD degree in Earth Sciences, Climate Sciences, Biology, Physics or Chemistry;
- a very good publication record;
- lab experience in stable isotope geochemistry, preferably clumped isotopes;
- good knowledge of data processing and statistics;
- experience with the supervision of students;
- previous experience with foraminifera would be beneficial;
- previous experience in climate modelling would be beneficial.
Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English skills and be highly motivated to work in an international team.