Full-Time Post-Doc Position: Impact of Perpartum Antibiotics and Diet on Neonatal Gut Microbiota Implantation
Post-Doc Position: Impact of Perpartum Antibiotics and Diet on Neonatal Gut Microbiota Implantation
The successful candidate will reinforce the ongoing collaboration between the groups of Drs. Claire Poyart and Sean Kennedy in the context of a FRM funded project. The project combines a functional metagenomics approach using Next Generation Sequencing, metabolomics and immunological analyses of infant stool samples, and relevant exploratory murine models to determine the impact of IAP and breast feeding on i) maternal vaginal microbiota, ii) the infant gut microbiota composition and function, and iii) the consequences on infant immune system development.
The role of the post-doc in the project will be to lead analysis of multi-omics data for the project. The successful candidate will also be tasked with implementing the analysis pipelines, developed for the project, in the host laboratories. This will be done in collaboration with other analysists in the respective teams with the goal of reinforcing omics analysis in both laboratories. As such, the post-doc will spend equal time on both campuses. As the success of the project will depend on the development of appropriate pipeline a knowledge or background in bioinformatics is highly desired.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates should have a PhD in biology/microbiology, statistics, bioinformatics or other relevant field;
- 2+ years of experience with analysis metagenomics/microbiota or other omics- intensive data.
- Bioinformatics experience, familiarity with Python;
- Organizational skills to effectively manage project deadlines and assure interactions between the two laboratories for the project;
- Innovative and self-confident to overcome technical and scientific challenges;
- Team-oriented and energetic with a good level of English comprehension;
- Rigorous work standards compatible with clinic studies.
How to Applyhttp://www.institutcochin.fr/institute/offers-jobs/post-doc-position-cdd-24-months
524 total views, 2 today