Full-Time Policy Officer – EU Integrity
Policy Officer – EU Integrity
Transparency International EU (TI EU) is the Brussels office of Transparency International. We work closely with national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates the advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This in turn enhances efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
The EU Money & Politics team is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join the advocacy team that will promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU Institutions. The portfolio covers issues such as lobbying, ethics rules, financing of political parties, transparency of EU decision-making and access to documents. The successful candidate will drive TI EU’s advocacy and communications in this area, particularly on the negations for a mandatory EU Transparency Register.
The Policy Officer will be involved in managing projects and advocacy campaigns and will be expected to contribute to the fundraising efforts of the office. The successful candidate will be tasked to deliver ambitious goals in the context of Transparency International’s global and EU strategies.
Main functions: EU Advocacy and Policy work
Starting date: 1 May 2017
Salary: 2,500 EUR to 4,000 EUR gross per month depending on qualifications and experience
Reporting: Reports to the Head of Advocacy EU Integrity
- Support and implement TI’s EU advocacy campaign to increase transparency and integrity within EU institutions;
- Develop TI EU positions in this area and research aspects of EU Money & Politics for publications;
- Work closely with colleagues in TI EU to deliver overall strategic objectives of the office; work closely with colleagues in the TI International Secretariat and TI national chapters to deliver defined advocacy goals;
- Develop and implement communications strategies using traditional and social media to increase awareness and improve outreach;
- Ensure the successful delivery of projects in this area;
- Establish, maintain and grow a network of EU officials and policymakers, as well as other experts, stakeholders and civil society partners;
- Represent TI EU publicly in the media and help fundraise for the TI EU Office.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Work permit for Belgium;
- Masters’ degree or equivalent, preferably in political science, European studies, law, economics, international relations or another relevant field;
- At least one year relevant paid work-experience and a proven track-record with EU advocacy or EU public affairs;
- Knowledge of the legal and policy framework of the EU institutions;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach;
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International.
- Experience of working with EU institutions;
- Knowledge of policies relating to anti-corruption, integrity and good governance;
- Fundraising track record;
- Working knowledge of French, German and other EU languages;
- Ability to analyse large data sets;
- Prior use of social media for advocacy;
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set.
How to ApplyApplications should be submitted in English and include a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page). Please send applications by email to email@example.com by 19 March 2017, including in the subject line: First name, Last name – Policy Officer EU Integrity. In addition, we kindly ask you to complete the recruitment form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in Brussels during the week of 20 March. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer. Link for the recruitment form: http://transparency.eu/euintegrityjob/.
428 total views, 2 today