Full-Time Policy Adviser
Europex is a not-for-profit association of European energy exchanges with currently 27 members. It represents the interests of exchange-based wholesale electricity, gas and environmental markets, focuses on developments of the European regulatory framework for wholesale energy trading and provides a discussion platform at European level.
The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis in the Europex Secretariat in Brussels and will be part of a small, dynamic team. She/he will report directly to the Secretary General and will facilitate effective communications with internal and external stakeholders. She/he will support the working groups of the Association (planning of activities, reporting, writing minutes, etc.) and will manage back office activities with a high level of independence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Providing direct support to the working groups, incl. advice on content, structuring of work flows, providing minutes, etc.;
- Drafting of presentations, position papers, press releases, stakeholder announcements, newsletters, regular reports;
- Event organisation for internal and external meetings;
- Participation in external events related to energy trading;
- Regular updates of the Association’s website, the intranet and social media.
- Completed higher education in a related field (energy, economics, financial services, European studies) with an additional 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a minimum;
- Advanced knowledge about the functioning of the European institutions and about exchange-based energy trading;
- Strong drafting skills and an excellent command of English; French and/or Dutch and/or other languages are a plus;
- Ability to adjust technical content to different target groups and different media;
- Familiarity with budgeting and capability to manage financial matters responsibly;
- Independent work style, attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- IT skills, including an excellent knowledge of MS Office programmes and other end-user IT tools; experience with HTML and website programming is a plus.
Europex offers a one year contract convertible to a permanent contract and the opportunity to work in an international and multicultural association of exchange-based energy trading. The financial compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and skills of the successful candidate.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONWe only accept online applications. Please send a cover letter and your CV before 28 March 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
529 total views, 3 today