Internship Participants Care & Communications Officer
Organization : JCI The Heart Of Europe
Function : Participants Care & Communications Officer
Reporting : Conference Director
Location : Brussels, Belgium
Junior Chamber International (JCI) is a membership-based nonprofit organization of 200,000 young people, from 18 to 40 years old, active in 5,000 communities in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information: https://www.jci.cc/
JCI The Heart of Europe is the English spoken chapter of Brussels, Belgium, where its members are coming from different horizons and all have an international mindset. Each JCI Member shares the belief that in order to create lasting positive change, we must improve ourselves and the world around us. We seek targeted solutions to the unique problems in our communities to build a better world and thus create global impact. For more information: http://www.jcithoe.com/
Context for assignment
ECM 2017, Brussels, 27/04 – 30/04/2017:
The European Capital Meeting 2017, is a cultural event of 4 days, in Brussels, only for JCI members, past members and senators being part of a chapter in a European Capital. The ECM is the occasion to tighten the bonds of our European Community. The cities in Europe are facing challenging times, therefore the JCI The Heart of Europe wants to invite all its JCI capital members, to learn and create sustainable solutions for the common future. Next to interesting discussions, interactive debates and workshops, high-level keynote speakers, will be invited to help re-define the urban space with a real project to be implemented in every European city and help make positive change. All information can be found here: http://www.ecm2017.com/
The organizing team of ECM 2017, led by the Conference Director, is looking for a highly motivated and passionate
Participants’ Care & Communications Director
The main focus of this position is to be the single point of contact for all the participants, in the periods before, during and after the event.
- Setup of the registration mail
- Communications via all social networks: Facebook, Twitter, etc, as well as via newsletters.
- Notifying all participants for important matters, using email, phone, etc.
- Responsible for updating the list of participants contacts, via Google Drive.
- Communicating the program, and dealing with potential additional info or changes in the program.
Before the event:
- Checking if everyone has accommodation: hotel, host family, etc.
- Attribute registered people to host families and confirm it to them
- Promotion on social media (to get participants)
- Verify the participants brochure with the Logistics director
During the event:
- Feedback reports of the event
- Communication on social media/daily newsletter (post on FB)(?)
After the event:
- Checking if everyone arrived at home safely, via mails.
- Sending a Thank mail to the participants.
- Sending in a feedback report of participants impression, to the Conference director.
- Experience in a communications role, professionally or as a volunteer.
- Language: strong written and oral competences in English.
- Tools: knowledge of GoogleForms, GoogleDrive, MS Word, and ideally WordPress.
- Social media: active user knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Proactive, willing to learn new skills
- A true passion for social media and communications.
What to expect
- You will become part of the organizing team of an international event.
- This role will become your introductory step into the international organization of JCI, where you can become a candidate member of JCI The Heart Of Europe.
- Exposure to the impact of being a member of JCI.
- Recommendation letter from the Conference Director.
How to ApplyContact Details Intested? Contact:
- Katinka Mészáros, Conference Director
- Marie-Jeanne Merillet, External Relations and Partnerships JCI The Heart of Europe
722 total views, 2 today