Full-Time Operations Manger
hVIVO is a dynamic and pioneering global player in the pharmaceutical early phase research sector, and has been recently developing a strong discovery (research and development) focus to investigate human disease to help find better treatments, faster. We are always interested to hear from similarly dynamic and pioneering individuals who share our vision to better understand the more precise nature of human disease and to really make a difference.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a passion for process development and improvement and Quality to be part of the hLab Team. Additional experience in Laboratory environment including Clinical Assays, Cell Culture and/or Molecular techniques would be ideal.
The Operations Manager will line manage a team of scientists who are responsible for the conduct of clinical studies for both internal and external clients to an exemplary standard, across multiple sites as well as a team of flexible workforce.
We are looking for an experienced manager who can provide strong leadership to ensure all projects are adequately planned, resourced and adhere to protocols, regulations and budget, whilst maintaining customer satisfaction.
The role will be client facing so excellent communication skills are essential; they must be proactive and have a problem solving approach, an eye for detail, outstanding planning skills and the ability to lead, develop and drive through process improvements.
There is a requirement to work with other hLab operational managers and cross divisionally to ensure that consistency of process and quality is maintained.
- Provide guidance and support to the laboratory team, and be able to adapt to a constantly and rapidly changing environment;
- Manage time effectively to meet competing demands, ensuring that work is prioritised and that outputs are delivered on time;
- Oversee the training of staff on equipment and laboratory procedures;
- Responsible for the Laboratories Health and Safety compliance and training of laboratory users. Conducts appropriate risk assessments;
- Ensure a project and staffing work schedule is maintained, coordinating laboratory time and equipment requirements across projects;
- Work with the Study Operations and development managers to understand the scope of each piece of work, calculating resource requirements and assigning staff as appropriate to the studies;
- Liaise with the QA department to ensure timely auditing of study documents, study results and routine system procedures;
- Compliance with Good Clinical Practice and Good Clinical Practice for Laboratories, all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company standards and guidance; and temperature monitoring;
- Implement systems and processes to ensure a high level of quality is achieved;
- Enforce regulations and guidelines in a way that is rigorous but acceptable to senior and junior scientific staff;
- To keep abreast of the rapidly changing environment for clinical trials and proactively review medium to longer term planning.
Skills & Experiences
- 1st Degree in relevant scientific subject (2:2 or above preferable) or equivalent;
- Demonstration of considerable knowledge/expertise within relevant discipline;
- Experience of working directly with research teams to implement and deliver research protocols;
- Working knowledge of Cell Culture/Molecular Techniques;
- Experience of working to regulatory guidelines, specifically Compliance with Good Clinical Practice and Good Clinical Practice for Laboratories;
- Strong leadership;
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Applyhttps://careers-hvivo.icims.com/jobs/2373/operations-manager/job?mobile=false&width=1000&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=120
486 total views, 2 today