Full-Time Office Coordinator
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’ community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU.
EPF currently represents 74 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated 150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
EPF’s vision for the future is that all patients with chronic and/or lifelong conditions in the EU have access to high quality, patient-centred equitable health and social care.
The EPF strategic goals focus on areas such as health literacy, healthcare design and delivery, patient involvement, patient empowerment, sustainable patients’ organisations and non-discrimination.
More information: www.eu-patient.eu.
Starting date: June 2017
Reports to: Director of Operations & Engagement
Location: 31 rue du Commerce, 1000 Brussels
Purpose of the role
The Office Coordinator leads on facilities and information management, and supports the management of the European Patients’ Forum with regards to administrative tasks.
Key areas of responsibility
- Leading on all aspects of office and facilities management (including health and safety at work, insurance related to the office); maintaining an operational, cost-effective, healthy and inspiring office environment;
- Managing external suppliers: drafting calls for tenders related to office activities; ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies;
- Managing the payroll of Brussels staff;
- Ensuring compliance with Belgian social law; updating and maintaining office policies as necessary;
- Assisting the organisation’s HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and supporting the onboarding process for new hires;
- Developing procedures for a smooth running of the Secretariat;
- Establishing, managing and monitoring budget and expenses related to office management.
- Developing and maintaining an archiving system in line with Commission requirements and legal retention of documents;
- Processing incoming email and post;
- Acting as the central contact point for any internal or external queries on aspects related to the EPF secretariat.
- Keeping the Secretary General’s agenda;
- Organising the Secretary General’s travel arrangements (booking flights, hotels);
- Conducting administrative tasks for the Secretary General and Director of Operations & Engagement.
Profile of the candidate
- Proven experience in office and information management (at least 3 years);
- Experience in working within an NGO environment in Belgium;
- Fluent spoken and written English and French or Dutch;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Budgeting skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Commitment to the vision and the mission of the European Patients’ Forum;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Reliability and discretion;
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- A part-time (80%) position giving you the opportunity to integrate a dynamic and multicultural team in a European environment;
- A 1-year contract renewable depending on performance;
- A monthly gross salary of between 1760 and 1920 euros/month depending on experience;
- A package including lunch vouchers (8 euros), 13th month, transportation costs, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care) and pension insurance.
How to ApplyInterested? Please submit, only via email (mail subject: “Application for the position of Office Coordinator”), a cover letter and a CV in English, as well as two references to: email@example.com by 23th May 2017 at the latest. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should be prepared to start mid-June.
586 total views, 2 today