Full-Time Network Coordinator, Maternity Cover
Network Coordinator, Maternity Cover
EuroNGOs (the European NGOs for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Population and Development) is looking for a Network Coordinator, maternity cover, based with its Secretariat in Brussels, starting on mid-March 2016.
EuroNGOs (the European NGOs for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Population and Development) is a network of 36 non-governmental organizations from 22 European countries promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights. In essence EuroNGOs works to: (1) convene and connect civil society and likeminded stakeholders; (2) producing and sharing information and knowledge, strengthening skills for policy and advocacy work, and facilitating the development of collective advocacy actions. Its specific focus is sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) at development cooperation and global policy level. For more information visit:www.eurongos.org.
As a member-led network, the EuroNGOs supreme governing body is the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Between AGMs, EuroNGOs members delegate a Steering Committee to govern the network. The day-to-day management of activities and the overall coordination of EuroNGOs are in the hands of a small and dedicated Secretariat, based in Brussels and hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation European Network (IPPF EN), which also serves as EuroNGOs fiscal agent. The Secretariat is currently composed of three full-time staff and three part-time support staff (finance and IT).
Description of position:
Job type: Full-time, fixed-term (7 months)
Place: Brussels, Belgium
Reporting to: EuroNGOs Chair
Role purpose & main responsibilities:
The Coordinator is the Head of the Secretariat, whose purpose is to enable the network to achieve its mission and strategic objectives by translating into actions the Steering Committee’s decisions. The Coordinator’s role purpose is to ensure EuroNGOs is an effective and efficient network. S/he is responsible for the coordination, facilitation and enabling of the network, particularly for the successful implementation of the network’s strategies and work plans, supporting the Steering Committee and managing the Secretariat.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
1st duty: Managing the Secretariat
Human resources responsibilities
- S/he supervises the work of:
- 1 Senior Officer (main tasks: convening, information-sharing and sustainability of the network);
- 1 Administrative Assistant (main tasks: logistics and administration); and
- Consultants/interns if applicable.
- S/he liaises with the fiscal agent for 3 shared part-time support staff (1 IT/2 finance).
- S/he is responsible for the management of the EuroNGOs budget (e.g. manage the budget and actuals, check accounts, authorise expenditures, ensure membership fees and confernece registration fees are collected, provide all relevant financial information to donors, Steering Committee and AGM);
- S/he liaises and works with the Finance Director of the fiscal agent as per MoU;
- S/he mobilizes resources by developing new project proposals on the basis of the committee’s indications.
Liaison with fiscal agent:
- S/he is responsible for the good relationship and communication with the fiscal agent and acts as contact point between the fiscal agent and the Steering Committee, in coordination with the Chair.
Liaison with donors:
- S/he is responsible to prepare new proposals, submit all interim reports, provide updates and information as requested.
2nd duty: Coordination, facilitation and enabling of the network
S/he is responsible for:
- Ensuring implementation of the current EuroNGOs strategy and 2016 work plan;
- Organizing at least 2 Steering Committee meetings and the committee’s monthly calls; supporting and regularly liaising with the committee’s members and Chair;
- Organizing an Annual General Meeting, and coordinating with members throughout the year;
- Reaching out to potential new members and partners;
- Communicating with members and external stakeholders on the network’s activities and initiatives; liaising with partners; representing EuroNGOs at external meetings;
- Fostering joint advocacy actions among members and with key partners.
- University degree in a relevant field, master degree preferred;
- 10 years of working experience in a similar position in a civil society context, direct experience with networks and NGOs alliances preferred;
- Experience in coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders, preferably in an NGO network context;
- Proven track record in managing teams and budgets;
- Proven track record in fundraising;
- Management skills;
- Advanced coordination skills;
- Deep understanding of the current funding landscape;
- Knowledge of project cycle management, in particular developing successful proposals and donor reporting;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- Professional knowledge of one or more of the following areas: sexual and reproductive health and rights/gender/global health/human rights/population dynamics/development issues;
- Excellent command of English (equivalent to mother tongue level), French an asset;
- Self-starter who can work cross-functionally and lead a small dynamic team; solution focused thinker who is not afraid to take responsibilities; well-organized, capable to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
**Important note: **
- In line with EuroNGOs mandate and values, applicants must be supportive of sexual and reproductive health and rights and pro-choice;
- Only applications from candidates that are able to reside and work in Belgium will be considered.
The position is full-time, fixed term (7 months), based in Brussels and starting mid-March 2016. We offer acompetitive salary and benefits. The Network Coordinator reports to the EuroNGOs Chair.
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending:
- A 1 page letter of interest. In the letter please clarify the earliest date in which you could start working and confirm that you can legally reside and work in the EU;
- Your CV;
- Contact details of two referees (your relationship to them, email and phone number);
- A 1 page essay. The essay should elaborate on: “what are the key challenges that European civil society advocating for sexual and reproductive health and rights at development cooperation/global policy level will be called to deal with in the next years?”
347 total views, 1 today