Full-Time Nanofabrication Staff Scientist
Nanofabrication Staff Scientist
Staff Scientists at IST Austria pursue research projects together with professors, serving as collaborators with expertise normally not present within research groups. We are looking for a nanofabrication staff scientist who is interested in the field of nanoscience and takes the responsibility for running and developing recipes for a state of the art 100 keV electron beam lithography system in the newly built nanofabrication facility. The staff scientist will be associated with the nanofabrication facility, which provides their service for research groups on campus.
- Dedicated participation in the development of new recipes and in the fabrication of new devices with novel functionality and characteristics;
- Keep the fabrication knowledge in-house and transfer this knowledge to new group members;
- Guarantee a smooth operation of the electron beam lithography system.
- PhD in physics or material science. Preferably post-graduate experience in a demanding and high-level research environment;
- Expertise in electron beam lithography (ideally with the Raith EBPG system);
- Excellent command of English;
- Service‐oriented attitude;
- Team player with outstanding communication skills.
In addition, the following skills will be advantageous:
- Experience in thin film metal deposition, ICP-RIE etching, atomic layer deposition, e-beam evaporation, scanning electron microscopy and optical lithography;
- Experience with low temperature techniques;
- Experience with Python and other programming languages.
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization;
- Supports learning and development;
- Promotes an international and open culture;
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment;
- Values diversity and is committed to equality.
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 57.500 gross/year. Actual salary depends on education, qualification and work experience. The position is limited to five years, with the possibility of extension.
How to ApplyApply now Please submit your application online at https://apply.app.ist.ac.at/.
359 total views, 4 today