Internship Legal Research Internship
The Brussels office of the public interest law firm Frank Bold is currently recruiting a Legal Research Intern to start full-time in May 2017 for a period of three months, with the possibility of a three-month extension (starting date is flexible).
This internship will require substantial legal research and analysis relating to corporate responsibility. Applicants must hold, or be studying towards, an undergraduate or advanced law degree (LLB/JD/LLM), and be comfortable analyzing and synthesizing complex legal information.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; applicants are advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
About Frank Bold
Frank Bold is a purpose-driven law firm established in 1995 with four offices in the Czech Republic as well as offices in Brussels, Belgium and Krakow, Poland. The firm seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. Frank Bold is a steering group member of the European Coalition for Corporate Justice, which promotes corporate responsibility within the EU. For more information please visit our website as well as our dedicated website on the Purpose of the Corporation Project.
The intern will assist with researching, drafting, and editing of articles and reports related to corporate governance, company law, corporate reporting and sustainable business models. The intern will support the work of staff on managing relationships with decision-makers and stakeholders, developing policy proposals, producing communications materials (e.g. opinion-editorials and blog posts) and undertaking short pieces of analysis (e.g. policy briefings to share our research findings with diverse audiences). The intern will be invited to meetings and events when possible and his/her contributions will be acknowledged in publications.
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium
- (Near) native fluency in English. French is a very strong asset. Other EU languages an advantage
- Law degree (LLB/JD/LLM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise legal text
- Creativity, flexibility, reliability and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Motivation to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices
- Applicants must be supported by a funding program such as Erasmus+ or supported through their educational institute.
- An internship for 5 days per week with flexible work schedule
- Professional supervision and coaching
- Friendly work environment in a small organisation with unique expertise in social justice issues
- Conveniently located office between Porte de Namur Metro and EU Parliament
Frank Bold is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApplication Information Please send applications to Paige Morrow, Head of Brussels Operations, with the subject line "Brussels legal internship" by 12 of May 2017. Email: email@example.com. Applications must contain:
- A cover letter written in English explaining why you wish to join Frank Bold, the desired period for the internship, and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for Erasmus+ funding;
- A CV in English or French; and
- A short summary (100-150 words) of the Non-Financial Reporting Directive, written in English.
482 total views, 1 today