Full-Time Legal Policy Advisor
Legal Policy Advisor
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 34 member bodies, the national insurance associations, Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs.
Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of almost €1 170bn, employ over one million people and invest nearly €9 900bn in the economy.
For our Conduct of Business department, we are looking for a Legal policy advisor.
- Identifies, monitors and analyses EU initiatives relevant for the European insurance industry on a wide range of legal and consumer-related issues covering a variety of insurance business lines;
- Synthesizes Insurance Europe’s members’ feedback, develop common positions reflecting the European industry views on a range of legal and consumer-related issues and convey these views to EU institutions and stakeholders;
- Provides thorough analysis of developments and their impact on the industry and the position of Insurance Europe;
- Supports and reports to Insurance Europe working groups and committees, in particular the conduct of business committee, and coordinates with other relevant committees;
- Provides services to Insurance Europe’s, e.g. is a point of contact for the members, informs about legislative developments and the sector position;
- Provides content to Insurance Europe publications. Contributes to studies in order to help formulate proposals for regulation or legislation;
- Organises and assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, e.g. the relevant EU authorities as well as other public or private organisations;
- Represents and promotes the policy messages of the European insurance industry at seminars, conferences and working groups;
- Advises and coordinates closely with and reports directly to the head of conduct of business.
- Education in European law and a good knowledge of the European decision making process;
- Highly developed team spirit;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Good organisation skills and capacity to identify key issues;
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders;
- Experience within an international and multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
We offer you a challenging and exciting position. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry in the coming years.
How to Apply
ContactPlease address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
142 total views, 1 today