Full-Time Junior Project Assistant (Emergency and Post-Crisis)
Call for Curriculum Vitae 2017 – 12
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title : Junior Project Assistant (Emergency and Post-Crisis)
- Duty Station : Regional Office Brussels, Belgium
- Classification : Ungraded
- Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 28th May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Emergency and Post-Crisis (EPC) Specialist and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant EPC, the incumbent will act as Junior Project Assistant to the Emergency and Post-Crisis Cell:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the preparation of project review and/or uploading of modification/reports and proposals to ECHO;
2. Assist in reviewing project reports, proposals and modification requests in the field of humanitarian aid from IOM field missions to DG ECHO. This includes assisting in the review of report content, drafting of cover letters and update of relevant IOM databases and uploading the reports, proposals or modification requests in APPEL;
3. Assist in providing support to IOM field missions, specifically with information on EU rules and regulations and the application for electronic exchange (APPEL);
4. Assist in resources mobilization by regularly reviewing relevant website for new funding opportunities, relevant press releases and communications, as well as events that are of interest to IOM in the field of humanitarian aid and post crisis operations and prepare weekly updates;
5. Assist in liaising with EC staff as well as IOM missions by attending EC events, drafting messages / summary of relevant EC documentation, regularly updating the IOM EPC Regional Office Brussels webpage and drafting of communication with EC counterparts;
6. Attend unit meetings, external partner meetings, and/or thematic seminars and conferences and take notes when required;
7. Assist in the organization of meetings and events;
8. Assist in relevant tasks in the fields of emergency and post-crisis, resettlement and migration, climate change and environment;
9. Any other tasks as may be required by her/his supervisor/s.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, International Relations or Law from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience
- Experience in an international environment dealing with migration is required;
- First professional experience in the field of EU liaison, preferably in the field of emergency & post-crisis or DG ECHO would be a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge about EU institutions, EU decision-making and finance mechanisms an advantage;
- Good level of computer literacy;
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French or Spanish is of advantage.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 28th May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. To download Personal History Form please refer to: http://eea.iom.int/images/Download/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Posting period: From 12.05.2017 until 28.05.2017
560 total views, 1 today