Full-Time Junior Policy Officer
Junior Policy Officer
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’ community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU.
EPF currently represents 67 members, which are national coalitions of patients’ organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level, and. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated 150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
EPF’s vision for the future is that all patients with chronic and/or lifelong conditions in the EU have access to high quality, patient-centred equitable health and social care. The EPF strategic goals focus on areas such as health literacy, healthcare design and delivery, patient involvement, patient empowerment, sustainable patients’ organisations and non-discrimination.
For more information, please visit our website www.eu-patient.eu.
Start date: Beginning March 2017
Reporting lines: reporting to Director of Policy
Deadline for application: 29 January 2017
EPF is looking to reinforce its policy team to support effective policy development and advocacy work.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor key online information resources, especially related to the European Institutions, and provide policy intelligence on relevant developments;
- Carry out background research for policy briefs, position statements and surveys;
- Co-ordinate EPF’s consultation process with the membership to ensure effective input, in liaison with the Policy and Communications teams;
- Co-ordinate the meetings and logistics of EPF’s internal working groups and networks;
- Support our policy and advocacy activities vis-à-vis the EU institutions and other stakeholders, and EPF’s thematic campaigns as appropriate;
- Represent EPF in external meetings as required;
- Ensure the policy information on our website and contacts database of key policy-makers are kept up to date, in collaboration with the Communications team;
- Support the team and Board Members on external meetings by preparing speaking notes and PowerPoint presentations as required;
- Provide administrative support to the Policy team as required.
In addition, the candidate may be asked to support other work of the EPF Secretariat as assigned.
Profile of the candidate
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education;
- 1-3 years’ work experience in administrative and/or junior policy roles;
- Knowledge of health policy in general and in particular EU health policy;
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal);
- Excellent computer skills (esp. Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience in writing reports and briefings;
- Capacity to analyse complex information and extract key points;
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise effectively;
- Capacity to work within a small, busy and multicultural team;
- Understanding the importance of working within a remit and being accountable to elected officials and the wider membership;
- Ability to implement EPF’s core values in your work;
- Willingness to work unsociable hours occasionally with reasonable notice;
- Ability to be politically impartial in the application of duties.
- Experience of policy and advocacy work at European and/or national level;
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions and policy procedures;
- Experience of working in the NGO sector;
- Working knowledge of other EU languages than English.
- Full time position giving the opportunity to progress and to integrate in a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team in European environment;
- One-year contract renewable depending on performance;
- Starting monthly gross salary of 2000€;
- Progressive salary on achievement of objectives;
- Benefit package including lunch vouchers, health care insurance (hospitalisation and ambulatory care), pension insurance and bonus.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should submit, only via email (mail subject: “Application for Junior policy officer”), a cover letter demonstrating your motivation and that you will be the ideal candidate and CV in English to: email@example.com by 29 January 2017 at the latest. Candidature which do not respect of this will automatically rejected. The selected candidate should be prepared to start by beginning of March. EPF aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness. Although only short-listed candidates will be contacted, we thank all applicants for their interest.
1129 total views, 1 today