Full-Time Junior Communications Officer (60%)
Junior Communications Officer (60%)
The CI Secretariat is an international foundation, registered under Swiss law, and governed by the CARE International (CI) Board of Directors. Under the leadership of CI Secretary General, it coordinates and supports the work of the 14 CARE national Members which works in more than 80 countries around the world. CARE’s mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world.
The Junior Communications Officer’s role leads on the production of strategies, plans and content that will improve the efficiency of the CARE International Secretariat’s internal communications requirements and outreach. The role includes the production and dissemination of the internal newsletter, engaging internal communications leads throughout the Confederation, as well as ensuring that the secretariat’s knowledge management and other platforms remain relevant and updated. The role would suit an enthusiastic, highly organised and creative candidate, who is ready to take their first or second job in communications.
Specific areas of responsibility but not limited to:
- Provide support to the communications team on implementing creative tools and platforms for CARE’s internal communications approaches and products (including, for example, using video, screen casts and other innovative techniques to present our work, and engage remote staff)
- Maintain and further develop the CARE International internal communications calendar, reflecting key events (such as executive and board meetings), newsletter production and staff meetings and including scheduling for forward planning sessions.
- Provide solid administration and organisational support to ensure smooth preparation and delivery of key internal communications moments, for example by ensuring invitations and key information is sent in good time, preparing equipment, setting up meetings and providing logistical support before and during such events.
- Manage and maintain internal information management systems, ensuring that communications products (talking points, presentations etc) are stored and maintained in an organised manner.
- Track and chase deadlines for contribution to the CI newsletter, ensuring that staff contributors are delivering in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to all meetings relating to internal communications, including the monthly ‘CI Connect’ meetings with the executive management team. Report back to participants on agreements made, and update on performance and progress of newsletter using our analytics tool
- Compile and format content for CI Secretariat’s main internal outreach product, The ‘CI Connect’ newsletter, ensuring timely distribution, maintaining mailing lists and actively seeking ways to improve it
- Under guidance, develop appropriate products (for example, PowerPoint presentations) for use by the executive management team at key internal communications events, including formal and informal all staff meetings
- Support the communications team to upload content onto the CARE external website as needed, ensuring a consistent flow of content throughout
- Help develop and distribute content and monitor digital outreach across social media channels
- Provide support to the communications team as and when required
Secretary General/CEO, Deputy Secretary General, CI Secretariat staff, CARE International Internal Communications Staff
The Junior Communications Officer (60%) reports to the CI Head of Global Communications.
The Junior Communications Officer is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications, or in a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in communications, preferably within an international organisation
- Experience of writing for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge and experience of managing an intranet, knowledge of Office 365 a distinct advantage
- Experience in newsletter production including formatting, light design, and distribution mechanisms
- Knowledge of using various platforms for internal communications products and outreach, for example Webex, Skype, intranets, CMS, digital, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Experience of managing digital platforms including website CMS’s and corporate social media channels (Twitter)
- Up-to-date knowledge of internal communications methodologies and tools
Skills & competencies:
- Highly organised professional who is able to manage simultaneous tasks and juggle (often shifting) priorities.
- Solid technical skills in terms of using website CMS’s and internal platforms such as Webex
- Excellent eye for detail and solid writing skills in English, other languages a distinct advantage
- Prior handling of social media scheduling and monitoring tools (for example Hootsuite)
- Solid understanding of communications principles and approaches
- Enjoys using creative skills, problem-solving, and being part of a fast-paced team
- Strong ability to manage their own time, and proactively seek solutions
Desired: fluent spoken and written French.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs and a covering letter of interest in English to email@example.com by May 24th. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. More Information on CARE International is available at www.care-international.org.
440 total views, 1 today