Full-Time Junior Admnistrative Assitant
Junior Admnistrative Assitant
The Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE) represents the architectural profession at European level. Its Secretariat is based in Brussels and membership consists of organisations that are the nationally representative regulatory and professional bodies of all EU Member States, the Accession States, Switzerland and Norway, and other observers. Through them, it represents the interests of more than 600,000 architects. The principal function of ACE is to monitor EU legislative developments and seek to influence areas of EU Policy that impact on architectural practice and the quality and sustainability of the built environment.
Part time position (19 hours/week) at the Secretariat of the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE) – 29 rue Paul Emile Janson, 1050 Brussels (Belgium). Permanent contract, up to four years depending on funding. Brut salary around 1.300 €/month + Luncheon vouchers, Eco vouchers, hospitalisation insurance and reimbursement of travel.
The Junior Administrative Assistant will principally undertake work on the following tasks and topics:
- Assist preparation of external meetings (travel and accommodation arrangements for the Secretary General, President, etc.) and internal meetings (accommodation for the ACE Executive Board members, catering, preparation of the meeting room, etc.);
- Assist with communications between ACE, its Member organisations, its Work groups and the ACE Executive Board and follow-up by telephone;
- Assist with new media communications including ACE Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn page;
- Assist with the content management of the ACE Website;
- Answer general emails (general inquiries, meeting requests, invitations etc.);
- Other tasks including: Maintain/up-to-date contact lists, receive guests, answer the telephone, archiving/filing, correspondence, receiving deliveries/deal with dispatch/shipping of documents/packages.
Qualifications and desirable Attributes
The Junior Administrative Assistant will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Degree in an appropriate subject area (some experience is an advantage);
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (written and spoken);
- Ability to work effectively in a small team;
- Flexibility and willingness to assist in other tasks as the need arises;
- Familiarity with all Office computer programmes and new media tools;
- Knowledge of TYPO 3 is an asset.
Applications should be submitted in English with a contact details, CV and covering letter saying why the candidate would be suitable for the job.
How to Apply
Application deadline:31 August 2017 to the following address: email@example.com. Interviews are likely to take in place the second half of September. It is envisaged that the contract will start as soon as possible, probably early October 2017.
462 total views, 2 today