Full-Time Issue/Project Manager
Cosmetics Europe, the Brussels based European trade association for the cosmetics and personal care industry represents 27 national associations and 19 international companies.
It covers a wide range of scientific, regulatory and policy issues impacting the cosmetics and personal care industry.
Cosmetics Europe has an immediate opening for an ISSUE/PROJECT MANAGER for the industry’s consortia on Cosmetic ingredients.
- Managing industry working group(s) and providing technical and strategic support to reach their objectives;
- Setting up industry consortia with the aim to prepare scientific and regulatory dossiers to support the safe use of specific cosmetics ingredients;
- Day to day management of industry consortia, including:
- Acting as the consortium focal point for service providers during contract negotiations and running of the projects;
- Initiating, monitoring and reporting on progress of the consortium projects using a project management system with the support of the project assistant;
- Ensuring delivery of the agreed projects according to the milestones and timelines agreed with the Consortium Steering Committee and research partners;
- Co-ordinating effective dissemination of information/output amongst the members of the consortium e.g. on outcome of commissioned research/expert groups and the industry’s contracted researchers, financial reports etc.;
- Acting as the interface between the Consortium and the European Commission and other European institutions;
- Assisting in preparation of communications targeted towards the regulatory bodies and other target audiences;
- Contributing to the preparation of workshops, papers, oral presentations and posters in scientific meetings to support the industry’s science programme;
- Representing Cosmetics Europe in the consortium and acting as the interface between the Consortium and Cosmetics Europe issue management structure.
Professional qualifications required
- University education in toxicology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related scientific discipline;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Sound experience in project management;
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way as well as in a team;
- Excellent ability in written and spoken English;
- Full knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits package;
- A challenging position in an international team;
- A wide portfolio of responsibilities and opportunities within a major industrial sector.
Only successful candidates fulfilling all these requirements will be short-listed.
How to ApplyPlease send your application before September 30th to: Dr Rob Taalman Director Science & Research Cosmetics Europe Avenue Herrmann-Debroux, 40, B-1160 Brussels (Auderghem), Belgium Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone enquiries cannot be answered.
248 total views, 4 today