Internship Internship – Technical Expert
GEODE – the European association representing local energy companies – is recruiting an Intern to work as Technical Expert in our Brussels-based office for a period of 6 months, starting as early as possible.
You will be part of a dynamic international team at the heart of the EU area. As Technical Expert, you will be integrated to the daily activities of our representation office.
Your role will be to support GEODE’s various activities related to technical issues.
- Support the Secretary General in GEODE’s activities related to technical issues in the energy sector – mainly electricity and gas distribution. Topics are smart metering, data management, flexibility, storage, network operation etc.
- Support the drafting of position paper and further GEODE publications, in particular to the above mentioned technical issues.
- Deliver input to public consultations and further drafting processes done by European decision-makers.
- Advice GEODE members on technical issues.
- Student status
- Excellent English (native speaker level preferred), other European languages are an asset
- First degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of electrical power systems across Europe
- Knowledge and interest in energy policy and technology
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- A monthly reimbursement (800 EUR) for expenses on a standard basis is planned. A signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by GEODE, the intern and his/her university or college) is required. Prospective interns must fulfil this requirement to apply.
How to ApplyIf you think that you might be a good fit for this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV (maximum 2 pages) by 6 February 2016. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Technical Expert Intern” in the subject line.Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information about GEODE, please visit www.geode-eu.org GEODE is the Voice of local energy distributors across Europe, representing the interests of 1200 private and public energy companies for both electricity and gas from 15 European countries, serving more than 100 million customers. These small and medium-sized companies are bringing intelligence to the grids and making thereby a major contribution to achieve Europe’s climate and energy policy goals. GEODE members operate their grids providing a customer-focused service, with a high quality of supply and energy efficiency to homes, businesses and local communities.
716 total views, 2 today