Internship Internship (Research Assistant)
Better Finance, the European umbrella organisation of European investors, financial services users and shareholders associations, was founded in 1992 under the name of Euroshareholders. It has its General Secretariat in Brussels. Better Finance represents the interests and rights of individual investors and financial services users, on European level vis-à-vis law makers and the EU institutions. For more information please consult our website www.betterfinance.eu
Better Finance is offering a full-time internship for the duration of 6 months. The successful candidate will join the Better Finance team in Brussels and assist with day-to-day office management, administration as well as internal and external communication. A monthly housing allowance will be provided. We give a strong preference to candidates who are able to be enrolled in a European mobility / exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative support to the office;
- Assisting in the organisation of General Assembly and Board meetings;
- Assisting in the organisation of international conference and other external meetings, including: preparing event documentation, communicating with members and logistics;
- Assisting in communications management, including supporting the development of website content, researching news stories related to EU financial policies and drafting newsletters;
- Attending and reporting on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
- Assisting with other activities on a daily basis as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on finance, economics, law, business administration or related fields;
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in the European Union institutions and its financial policies is an asset;
- Perfect fluency in English in required, with fluency in French a strong advantage. German also a plus;
- Good IT (proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), social media skills as well as interest in managing online tools;
- Team player, detailed oriented and have the capacity to handle multiple and often changing tasks and priorities;
- We strongly prefer candidates who are able to be enrolled in a European mobility / exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme. A small monthly housing allowance (EUR 400/month) will be provided based on submission of housing costs. However no other financial assistance can be given.
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance in obtaining a visa)
- The ideal starting date would be 29 June 2017, although some flexibility is possible.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter (confirming their availability and possibility to be enrolled in an exchange programme for the duration of the internship) in English to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 19 May 2017, although we reserve the right to make take a recruitment decision earlier.
355 total views, 5 today