Full-Time Internal Communications Officer
Internal Communications Officer
Staff Category: Supernumerary
Contract Duration: 8 months
Grading: 4, 5 or 6; depending on qualification and experience
Closing Date: 16 April 2017
Reference Number: HD_01060
EMBL is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Communications Officer. This maternity cover contract (8 months) is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the many different activities of a busy communications team within an international research organisation. You will gain experience and develop new skills in the areas of corporate communications, internal communications, digital communications and content production across a variety of different platforms and channels. You will work with a group of writers, designers, web producers and analysts in our Strategy and Communications team, promoting the work of EMBL at its five sites in Europe.
We are an international, friendly and supportive team, with ties to scientists and professionals throughout EMBL and to the broader science communication community. This role is based in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Developing, drafting and reviewing content for a variety of different platforms and channels, including EMBL’s website and intranet, social media and print publications;
- Acting as the contact person for internal communications requests;
- Preparing and delivering monthly e-newsletters, populated with relevant content from across EMBL;
- Preparing powerpoint slides on a variety of topics;
- Planning and organizing events for staff;
- Helping to develop communications plans for internal campaigns including identifying all required communications channels and resources needed for delivery and creating messaging;
- Monitoring and maintaining content for digital signage;
- Establishing and maintaining active and effective relations with colleagues from different areas of the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with a proactive, open and friendly attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As our ideal candidate, you will have a passion for and ideally first-hand experience in the area of corporate communications or public relations.
You will have very good writing skills and the ability to convey complex and sometimes esoteric information in an engaging manner. Experience with web communications and social media is a plus.
You will be flexible and learn quickly. You will also be able to prioritize among multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines. You enjoy working in a team.
An excellent command of spoken and written English is required; knowledge of other languages, particularly French, German, Italian or Spanish, is desirable. Knowledge of the organisation is a big plus.
EMBL is a world-leading life-science research organisation funded by over 20 governments. We are international, innovative, interdisciplinary and highly collaborative, with 1600 employees from many nations working on five sites near Heidelberg, Hamburg, Grenoble, Rome and Cambridge. Our mission is to perform basic research in molecular biology; to offer vital services to scientists in the member states; to train scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
How to Apply
Application InstructionsPlease apply online through www.embl.org/jobs.
Additional InformationEMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
154 total views, 1 today