This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
18 Dec 2015
The Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael’ is the leading Dutch think tank and diplomatic academy on international affairs. The institute provides public and private sector organisations with in-depth analysis of global developments in the field of international security and conflict management, EU integration and EU in the World. Clingendael specifically focuses on the position and the role of the Netherlands and the EU.
For 36 hours per week
Vacancy number: RESINT.15.12.40
Clingendael Research has an opening for an Intern for the team working on the EU in the World, from 15 February 2016 – 15 July 2016 (a five month period).
The research team working on EU in the World provides analysis and policy advice for a.o. governments, international and intergovernmental organisations. Research themes include the EU’s neighbourhood policy (with currently a focus on the Eastern neighbourhood countries), cooperation with strategic partners, EU external representation in multilateral fora, global issues (notably on climate change and global health), and trends in the organisation of European diplomacy.
This internship focuses on research and practical assistance for a project relating to the Duty of Care for citizens in distress abroad – i.e. consular affairs and diplomacy.
- Research assistance for a project on Duty of Care to business travellers and employees abroad at the nexus of private and public sector responsibility and authority.
- Research assistance for a Duty of Care project relating to citizen security and the use of digital tools and social media in international crises.
- Organising an international workshop on the theme of Duty of Care and related activities (workshop to be held in June 2015).
- Organise ‘EU in the World’ team meetings with the researchers, in particular contributing to content-preparation, practical organization and meeting reports.
- Contributions to writing background material, drafts and web content.
- BA degree relevant for this internship and current enrolment for MA degree.
- Excellence in research and research methods, good English writing skills.
- Service minded, social skills, capable of reaching deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Capable of working independently on the basis of instructions, team player.
- Network-oriented, feeling at home in international environment.
- Familiarity with social media analysis.
- The opportunity to gain practical, policy oriented research experience in one of Europe’s top ranking think tanks, in close cooperation with our researchers and stakeholders as policy makers, academics and (international) organizations. Ability to build up network in the field.
- A stipend of € 300,- gross per month (in case of 36 hours per week).
For more information, you can contact dr. Maaike Okano-Heijmans (firstname.lastname@example.org) from 5th of January. Further information about the procedure can be obtained from ms. Karin Bosscher, HR Assistant, 070-3746637.
How to ApplyInterested candidates can send an application letter together with a curriculum vitae no later than 15th of January to email@example.com. Please indicate the vacancy number of the position you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail as well as in your application letter RESINT.15.12.40.
1004 total views, 1 today