Internship Intern Project Development Unit
Call for Curriculum Vitae 2017-11
- Position Title : Intern Project Development Unit
- Duty Station : Country Office Brussels, Belgium
- Type of Appointment : Internship, paid
- Duration of Assignment: 6 months with the possibility for extension up to 9 months
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 4th June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM Country Office Project Development Unit is developing projects in subject areas such as migration and development, technical cooperation on migration, labour migration, integration, counter-trafficking, vulnerable migrant groups (including victims of trafficking (VoTs) and unaccompanied migrant children (UMC).
The Intern will provide background research, drafting and administrative support to the Project Development Coordinator, and will work in close cooperation with other colleagues in the IOM Country Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
a) Support the Project Development Coordinator with regards to development of new projects and liaison with the Belgian government and other stakeholders;
b) Support the Project Development Coordinator in the research and analysis of the Belgian government’s institutional framework(s), policies and funding opportunities; prepare all relevant background information, research and filing necessary for meetings with stakeholders;
c) Draft meeting reports and minutes; routine correspondence, type letters, reports and memoranda as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM operational and administrative matters;
d) Assist in preparation of visits and meetings with relevant stakeholders as well as in organization of study visits by other IOM missions and their partners in Belgium;
e) Assist in drafting public information documents, website articles, press releases and information dissemination on IOM activities towards public and private EU partner-institutions;
f) Assist in undertaking research, data collection and analysis on current migratory situation and future prospects and trends, relevant to IOM activities, in Belgium and Luxembourg, the EU and in third countries;
g) Provide occasional assistance to the different Country Office colleagues in case of high workload;
h) Any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Chief of Mission
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Political Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations or Law from an accredited academic institution
- First working experience or internship within the EU or national public sector related to migration or project management administrative support would be highly desirable;
- Knowledge of European institutions and policies in the field of migration and development is an advantage;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills is a requirement;
- Strong organizational skills is a requirement;
- Computer literacy, especially database tools;
- Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English; working knowledge of French and / or Dutch is highly desirable.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
1. The Intern will work for the IOM Country Office for Brussels and Luxembourg. The intern will not only become acquainted with the policies of IOM as an international organization, its multicultural environment and its functioning, but also learn more about the current national (Belgium and Luxembourg) and EU framework policies on migration.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
3. This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to ApplyHow to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 4th June at the latest, referring to this advertisement. To download Personal History Form please refer to: http://eea.iom.int/images/Download/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Posting period: From 12th May 2017 to 4th June 2017
386 total views, 2 today