Carbon Market Watch is recruiting a dynamic intern for a 6-month position in its Brussels office, starting at the end of August 2017. The intern will report to the officer in charge and will support our European and international advocacy campaigns.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Media and press research;
- Organisation and maintenance of contact database;
- Support in maintenance of website and social media presence;
- Research on key stakeholders and institutions;
- Monitor and research relevant climate and energy policies for EU and international climate campaigns;
- Support the preparation of documents including briefings, campaign notes and lobby points;
- Support the coordination of advocacy and capacity building efforts across the CMW network;
- Attend and support the organisation of relevant policy events in Brussels;
- Support in general office administration.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Some knowledge of and considerable interest in climate policies, including emissions trading in Europe and market based mitigation activities internationally;
- Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask and prioritize own work;
- Great attitude and strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German, French and Spanish are considered an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Working knowledge of climate policies, including market/non-market based approaches to emission reductions;
- Prior experience in public policy, or non-profit sector campaigning;
- Demonstrated research gathering skills;
- Proficient in office software, especially with excel, word and outlook.
How to Applyhttp://carbonmarketwatch.org/carbon-market-watch-internship-august-2017/
494 total views, 3 today