Can you provide advocacy support to a busy and growing NGO office? Are you interested in learning more about humanitarian and development related advocacy? We have created a new internship to provide multifunctional support to the Alliance2015 hub with an emphasis on advocacy support with the aim of giving a young professional an all-round taste of the issues and ways of working of a large NGO alliance as part of their professional development.
Main duties & Responsibilities
General Alliance2015 hub office support:
- Support the smooth running of the office by assisting the Director and SPO with scheduling, meeting and travel arrangements;
- Basic administration and event planning and management;
- Improving and documenting administrative processes to ensure easy handover to others;
- Basic financial administration tasks;
- Ensuring visitors to the office are welcomed, well orientated and can access the information they need.
- Monitor and keep team and members informed of relevant information and developments in EU external relations/development & humanitarian policy;
- Provide analyses on broader EU external relations trends across all policy such that opportunities to meet specific objectives can be maximised;
- Organise events/seminars/roundtables as directed;
- Set up bilateral meetings with decision makers as required;
- Attend relevant meetings with the EU institution and relevant Brussels-based NGOs and organisations, providing concise and succinct notes;
- Maintain up to date debriefing and information of Alliance2015 Brussels team and of A2015 members through appropriate channels, including intranet and web pages, in coordination with the Communications Officer;
- Support the implementation plans of the Advocacy Group (AG), including with research and analysis on specific topics as directed;
- Provide Director with policy briefs and key preparation documents for higher representation meetings and events;
- Any other relevant tasks as per requirements of the Alliance2015 Director.
You should demonstrate a true interest in this field of work; curiosity; energy and a willingness to learn.
How to ApplyFor further details about the skills we are looking for and to see our other vacancies check out the vacancies page of our website before you apply. To apply please send a ONE page cover letter and your CV together with a relevant writing sample to email@example.com before 25 June at midnight CET.
325 total views, 3 today