Full-Time Inovation Officer
The MSF OCB LOG Back-Office is opening a new position for an Innovation Officer with business development profile in the technical domain.
This challenging position, based in Brussels, aims at increasing external network relating MSF LOG community with other organizations, enterprises and academic environment. The objective is to increase the capacity to build ad hoc project set-ups with members of this community. This should allow the community to develop concepts, solutions, processes, new organizational models and products to give answer to today Operational needs but also and even more tomorrow needs.
The Innovation Officer works in matrix mode as part of the LOG Back Office unit with the Technical and Tactical teams listening to the needs and working with OCB LOG Community.
According with LOG vision the Operational Logistics is a very specific and well-known force of MSF. Beyond the fulfilment of basic logistic needs, logistics is a solution-driven and innovative force that helps to build and realize operational projects.
In light of significant Operational growth projections, expected within 2-3 years, and progressive and increasing integration of new technologies and means adapted to our operations, MSF is looking to develop the new responses to Operational needs integrating innovation, adaptation and introduction of new technological capacity.
To keep pace with challenges of growth, complexity and with new operational responses to develop, the LOG community has decided to do it through a networking management model and develop external partnerships with associative, industrial, commercial and academic actors.
Build a partnership capacity via an internal and external network in order to address innovation, adaptation and introduction of new technologies’ needs for the different LOG technical families and tactical domains.
Identify and set up external partnerships with associative, industrial, commercial and academic actors, in a proactive manner or upon request according to R&D projects.
Set up a new management of innovation model through distribution of responsibilities in the technical & tactical referents’ network of OCB LOG community (HQ and field).
Ensure that triangular links between the operational needs on one side, the technical & tactical referents of OCB LOG community HQ or field on the other side and associative, industrial, commercial and academic actors are established. Ensure they have a smooth relation and collaboration to produce the expected and agreed upon outputs.
Nature of the position
- The position holder has autonomy within a strategic and political framework defined by the LOG Middle Managers and the Team Leader of technical referents.
- The position holder co-arbitrates and prioritises with the LOG committee.
- The position reports to the LOG committee and to the whole LOG community in view of the annual evaluation & objectives setting.
- The Innovation Officer works in a matrix model.
Develop a partnership portfolio
- Create and maintain associative, industrial, commercial and academic partnership portfolio;
- Active research of specific innovation, adaptation and introduction of new technologies’ projects & initiatives;
- Establish partnership contractual frames including the skill level expected, HR availability, financial requirements and communication aspects.
Understand the different HQ and field operational needs & provide opportunity and capacity of partnership
- Create and maintain a network of all technical and tactical referents HQ and field for their operational needs;
- Identify and match innovation needs and partners, whether these are linked to products, solutions, trainings…;
- Create tools to better manage the innovation process (how to write user requirements, technical specifications…); coach the requesters;
- Organize and facilitate through the network of all technical and tactical referents HQ and field the distribution of responsibility for the management of innovation, adaptation and introduction of new technologies’ projects and initiatives;
- Facilitate and monitor the collaboration between the MSF focal point and associative, industrial, commercial and academic partner focal point;
- Produce the yearly plan on objectives and outcomes with regard to innovation, adaptation and introduction of new technologies;
- Produce a report on collaboration with associative, industrial, commercial and academic partners.
Active role in the management of the LOG vision implementation
- The position might be in charge of some initiatives within certain strategic axis of the LOG Vision. To be defined and discussed depending on the selected profile.
- Knowledge in innovative management models (networking/distribution approach);
- Business development with technical culture/understanding
- Experience in innovation environment;
- Experience to work in network mode;
- Experience on team management;
- Experience as project manager or work in a project mode environment is an asset;
- Technical culture/understanding and/or knowledge in technical areas such as: energy, telecom, biomedical, construction & engineering, mobility, new technologies (3d printing, UAVs, digitalization or other technological areas are an asset);
- Good oral and written communication in English and French (additional Operational language is an asset).
- Good teamwork and cooperation capacity;
- Good, patient listener and diplomatic;
- Good analytical capacity;
- Result and quality orientated;
- Service oriented.
- Permanent contract – Full time – based in Brussels (Ixelles).
- Hospital insurance (DKV) – pension plan – canteen – 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: Immediate
How to Apply
Deadline for applications: This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate
Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to be sent by e-mail to Elwira DOLINA (Recruit-HQ-Log@brussels.msf.org) with “innovation” in the subject.
107 total views, 2 today