Full-Time ICT System Engneer
ICT System Engneer
As a member of the ICT Infrastructure Team, you are in charge of the ICT infrastructure within the company in order to ensure:
- operational stability;
- optimum system integrity;
- security and performance;
- improvements and business alignment;
- implementation of changes with a minimum impact on the availability and productivity.
You report to the ICT Infrastructure Manager.
Business needs analysis
- In-depth interest in EVS business, products and internal organization;
- Anticipate business needs and manage expectations appropriately and propose consistent and efficient architecture and solutions with a long-term prospective;
- Provide a superior customer/client experience and build a long-term relationship;
- On request of the team manager do punctual research and evaluate new technology relative to network and security design, operations and management;
- Work with other ICT teams and Business teams to facilitate and coordinate adoption of new technologies, standards and technology security.
- Be responsible for running small and medium sized ICT department infrastructure projects;
- Carry out the projects with the help of internal and external resources;
- Do reporting on project status including tracking of time and resources;
- Ensure projects are adequately managed, documented and closed;
- Suggest/recommend new projects, provide estimations for time and resources.
Second and third line support
- Provide second and third line support, assist and coordinate with first line support;
- Handle “problem management”, trying to find the root cause of high impact incidents (or frequently recurring incidents);
- Assist our remote affiliates in second and third line support (US, HK, …).
- Maintain the infrastructure consisting of servers, software and storage equipments;
- Run monitoring of all systems in scope;
- Capacity planning (storage, servers …);
- Plan and implement changes;
- Assist EVS production by acting in a ‘consultant’ role.
- Provide recommendations on improvements of activities, processes and infrastructure (including hard and –software);
- Participate in the guard role (24/7 support).
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent by experience;
- 3 to 5 years in a System Engineer function;
- Servers OS: Windows 2008/2012/2016 server in depth – Linux is a strong asset;
- Cloud experience (Azure, O365, AWS, Dropbox, …) is a strong asset;
- Microsoft certifications and ITIL/Prince certifications are an asset;
- Experience with SAN storage is an asset;
- In depth experience with server applications: Active Directory, Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server Admin and IIS, DNS;
- Experience with Networking protocols: TCP/IP, Routing and major protocols (DHCP, SMTP, …);
- Experience with VMWare virtualization;
- Good experience with basic security tools: antivirus, spam filters, Firewalls, etc.;
- Handy and familiar with PC Hardware;
- PC OS: Windows 7/10 – Linux;
- Very good knowledge of Office applications: Office 2013/O365, usual Web Browsers;
- Good English and French skills, both written and spoken;
- Ready to travel abroad when needed (less than 6 times a year);
- Willing to participate in the guard role (on guard every 4 weeks).
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Windows server, virtual servers environments (VMWare), DFS, storage and backup solutions, SCCM;
- Very good knowledge of HP server hardware;
- A proven knowledge of Microsoft collaboration and communication platforms such as Exchange, Sharepoint, Skype for Business;
- A good knowledge of Microsoft SCCM.
- In-depth knowledge of PC hardware and PC related environments and software such as Office, Visio, Adobe, Kaspersky.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the working and configuration of mobile devices (Android and iOS).
- Good understanding of LAN, WAN & Voice Network environments, routing protocols, various technology architectures including but not limited to TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Wireless, IPSec VPN, load balancing, redundancy and Unified Communications platforms.
- Good understanding of firewall technology and devices, VPN solutions, antivirus solutions, anti-malware solutions, etc.
- Able to manage small to medium infrastructure projects.
How to Applyhttps://evs.com/en/job/136121
466 total views, 2 today