Full-Time Head of Semi-virtual Energy Integration Laboratory – SEILAB
Head of Semi-virtual Energy Integration Laboratory – SEILAB
The applicant will be the Head of SEILAB – Semi-virtual Energy Integration Laboratory at IREC facilities in Tarragona. He/she will report to the Head of the Thermal Energy and Building Performance Group.
He/she will be responsible for appropriate performance of laboratory and to guarantee the availability of projects and services provided by the facility. As well, he/she will be involved in research projects from which excellence in results obtained is expected together with scientific publications in recognized journals and participation in research conferences.
The purpose of the role and the key activities are described below:
- To propose, develop and promote an strategic vision for SEILAB in cooperation with Head of Thermal Energy and Building Performance including the cutting-edge technologies and tendencies on research and innovation field;
- To lead the SEILAB team with the aim that people provide reactive and pro-active activities. Research environment requires multi-skilled tasks in the main functions related to SEILAB performance: scientific experimentation and maintenance service of facilities infrastructure;
- To create and manage SEILAB facility budgets for the site, both operational (OPEX) and capital (CAPEX);
- To ensure all planned preventative maintenance is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard;
- To lead and manage projects of improvement of present facilities in conjunction with the external industrial providers and engineers; ensuring projects are delivered safely, to the correct quality, on-time and to budget;
- To guarantee the preservation of security rules and standards related to SEILAB facilities, infrastructures and activities and the whole people involved;
- To plan experimental executions in SEILAB providing solutions to solve bottle-neck problems or lack of activities;
- To contribute on recruitment and to train and develop people for the whole site function including trainees, laboratory technicians and junior researchers;
- To lead and supervise scientific research projects for private companies or in a cooperative consortium (European Projects or national level);
- To guarantee research project execution to the correct quality, on-time and to budget;
- To develop projects in co-operation with other IREC’s group promoting SEILAB capabilities and contributing to maximise crossed benefits;
- To lead and write proposals in a competitive context as H2020 European Union Programme or National and Regional programs, coordinating several organization contributions in cross-functional environment;
- To lead new project proposals from initial conception attending customers’ needs till final negotiation and contract closing;
- To produce scientific publications in recognized journals and to attend to international conferences;
- To actively promote SEILAB in research events and R&D networks and also in commercial fairs or other industry events, associations and networks;
- To bi-weekly report about SEILAB status and progress to team and to Head of Thermal Energy and Buildings Performance Group.
We are looking for excellent and highly motivated candidates having the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- PhD in Building Physics Science or Mechanical, Thermal or Chemical Engineering;
- 8 years’ experience in research field developing experimental activities in laboratory and contributing technically into research projects at international level;
- 4 years’ experience as Head of Research Laboratory;
- Seniority in scientific research and data analysis, including design of laboratory experiments and development of measurement procedures and methodologies;
- Experience in computer simulation tools in different languages such as C++, Fortran, Matlab and/or TRNSYS;
- Extensive experience in Labview;
- Knowledge in building physics, renewable energy technologies and HVAC systems;
- Expertise in project management and design of new proposals for competitive contests and for companies/industry;
- Scientific publications in recognized journals and attendance to International Conferences;
- Mastery of English and Spanish on all levels.
We are looking for a strong analytical person with a scientific spirit and problem-solving ability. He/she will be able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment. Managerial skills, team leadership and customer orientation is required, as well as all-levels superior communication skills.
How to Applyhttp://www.irec.cat/en/borsa-de-treball/head-of-semi-virtual-energy-integration-laboratory-seilab.html
533 total views, 1 today