Full-Time Head of Global Advocacy (f/m)
Head of Global Advocacy (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 134 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed Head of Global Advocacy (f/m).
- Guiding the planning and implementation of the organisation’s advocacy strategies and activities on an international level, in the field of children without parental care or at greatest risk of losing it;
- Management of the organisation’s Representation at EU and UN levels, as well as the organisation’s advocacy work with all relevant international governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Leading the International Liaison & Advocacy team based in Brussels, with offices in New York, Geneva and Vienna as well as the organisation’s international advocacy network in all regions where we operate;
- Guiding the overall advocacy capacity development across 134 member associations around the world and working with federation stakeholders to ensure a strong link between programme experience and advocacy positions and actions;
- Reporting to the International Director of Programme and Strategy and part of a global team guiding the strategic development of SOS Children’s Village programme work, research, policy and advocacy.
- Commitment to the SOS Children’s Village vision, mission and programmes combined with the experience and ability in anchoring advocacy in the culture, structures and systems of a programme-based organisation;
- Advanced University degree in Political or Social Science, International Development, Human Rights, or first level University degree combined with considerable experience;
- Seven to ten years of progressive advocacy experience including at managerial level in a large child focused or social organisation i.e. international or regional level NGO with a setting in multiple countries;
- General knowledge of the UN system, EU institutions and international NGOs and experience in influencing policy-making processes;
- Direct work experience with children and young people without adequate parental care in alternative care or other settings is an asset;
- Experience in capacity-building for advocacy in countries outside of Europe is an asset;
- Knowledge of international trends, policies and programmes regarding children’s rights, development issues, sustainable development goals civil society and NGO advocacy;
- Strong leadership, strategic management and communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage a dynamic virtual team spread around the world as well as diverse federation stakeholders at differing levels of the organisation;
- Positive outlook, persistent and ability to work under pressure;
- Prepared/willing to travel monthly;
- Working languages: Excellent spoken and written English as well as good level French required, German and/or Spanish an asset;
- EU citizenship or labour permit for Belgium required.
- A long term career at a managerial level in an international NGO with the opportunity to advance the rights and welfare of children and their communities;
- A professional international working environment, a committed and highly motivated team with a variety of backgrounds, experience and strengths;
- Earliest starting date ASAP, latest between May and July, 2017.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 09 April 2017 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org, SOS-Children’s Villages International, Human Resources, 6020 Innsbruck/Austria, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.
385 total views, 1 today